PHOTOGRAPH

Michelle's POV
Our story started when she first approached me...

"Hi! ikaw ba yung nag-picture sa'min ni Theo kanina? ang galing mo kumuha, pwede pa-picture ulit?" A woman said...

I was sitting here at the cafe when she came, I went to national museum earlier and that's where we first met, she asked me to take a picture of her and her boyfriend and if i'm not mistaken, her name is Rhian.

"Bawal, may bayad na." I joked.

"Ayy..." She said and pouts.

"No i'm just kidding, ngayon na ba?" I saw her eyes sparkled.

"Really? ohh thank you!"  Then we went to the spot where they wanted to take a picture.

"Here's my phone" She said

"Oh no, i'm actually a photographer and i have my camera here, i'll just send it to you via instagram...if you don't mind..." I offered

"Yeah, better." She approved.

I started taking a picture of them that day and that's how we became friends...

I was editing the pictures of the event I went earlier when I heard some knocks on my door, I don't have any visitors expected today so I have no idea who it is...

"Hi!" She said as I opened the door, it's Rhian.

"Hello..." I replied.

2 weeks ago when we found out that we just live in the same condo, we've been friends for almost a year now.

"I saw your likes on twitter, are you alright?" She asked.

"I'm fine, ito naman pati yun chinecheck" I answered. I'm used to it, gano'n talaga siya ka-caring.

"Syempre! malay ko ba kung binabalot ka na ng pighati." And lay down on the couch.

I opened the paper bag na dala niya and it's a food, "What's this?" 

"Pagkain? ulam?" She said, silly.

"Joke lang! tofu sisig, sarap yan" She added then smiled

I took a plate, a scoop of rice and tasted the food she brought.

"Masarap nga, halatang hindi mo luto." I said, it's not a joke.

"HAHA! fine, luto ni Theo" She said.

"Ahha! alam ko na 'to, kelan?" I asked, they always give me something when they need a photographer. 

"Ihhh simple photoshoot lang, sa 14" I was right, right?

"Ayy may schedule ako." 

"Sunday yun! alam ko day off mo."  She said.

"Matutulog, part ng schedule ko ang rest 'noh." I heard her sigh.

"Wifeyyy, please?" Then pouts, akala niya naman madadaan niya ako sa ganyan niya...syempre.

"Fine, libre niyo dinner ko ahh!" 

After I said that, she immediately ran to me with a wide smile on her face then kissed my cheeks. "Thank youuu!" She said.

"Dinamay mo pa twitter likes ko..."

"Concern talaga 'ko sa'yo!"

For some reason, I always felt how important i am when i'm with her, the way she knows everything about me more than i do and the way she care for me, she really knows how to make me feel butterflies. but truth hurts...she's already committed with someone.

"Formal look, get ready!" I shouted.

I and my team are now organizing the set, Rhian and Theo are also preparing for the next look. I decided to go check them since my staff were taking of everything.

"Ang ganda ko, para 'kong anghel na binaba sa lupa." Rhian said, bungad na bungad.

"Oo, hindi ka kasi tanggap sa taas kaya pinababa ka nalang." I teased.

"Pumasok ka lang para mang-basag 'noh?" She said then rolled her eyes.

"Love u!" I said and smiled, that's my "pambawi" thing.

When they finished, we starting to shoot again.

"Compress...nice! perfect!" I said signaling them.

Everything's perfect, not until Theo moves his hand and it touched Rhian's hair, it blocked her face and when Theo was about to fix it...

"No, stay!" I shouted, and from the camera I went to Rhian and fix her hair, putting it at the back of her ear.

I don't even know why I stopped Theo, maybe because I know na ikamamatay ko ang selos? kidding. We continued...

"More romantic!" I shouted, na pinagsisihan ko rin.

They both starts to become closer, they almost kissed. Every move was passionate, you can see in their eyes how much they love each other, but I don't know how I can be happy for them.

"Mich?" Rhian asked, I didn't notice I became silent.

"Ahh yeah, it's nice." I said.

She smiled, the room became so silent for a few seconds not until Theo slowly knelt down...everyone in the room starts filming with a smile on their faces, especially Rhian. 

Instead of ruining it, I started to take a picture every moment because I know this will be one of the most important thing that happened on Rhian, this will be forever in her memory and I don't wanna miss it. hindi man ako ang taong nasa harapan niya, sapat nang ako ang nasa likod ng camera.

"Will you marry me?" Theo asked.

"Yes." Rhian said without hesitation, even if it hurts I forced myself to smile.

While taking a picture, I didn't realize i'm also crying...

I went to Rhian, "Congratulations." I almost whispered.

"I'm getting married!" She said happily, I just nods and hug her.

"Ayy naiyak ka rin?" She asked made everyone laughs, I slap her arms because of that.

"Hindi kasi ako makapaniwala na may papatol pa pala sa'yo." I joked wiping my tears, I received a slap from her too.

"Ingatan mo 'to ahh, sumasayaw yan sa sala tuwing 2am" I said to Theo.

"Copy boss." Theo said.

Everyone claps, including me. I am happy, I'm happy because I know she's happy.

"Libre ang dinner ng lahat!" I shouted.

"Libre mo? yun oh!" Rhian joked.

"Libre ko na!" Theo said that made everyone claps again. 

Isa 'yon sa mga gabing wala akong pakialam sa kung ano man ang nararamdaman ko, all I know is we're having fun, and I don't wanna ruin this moment kasi hindi ko alam kung bukas or sa susunod kung mauuulit pa.

"My wifeyyy!" Rhian shouted, I was the last to arrive at the venue.

The night has come, after some very tiring preparation, it's finally her bridal shower.

"Bukas na..." I said. I saw her eyes sparkled, she's excited.

"Finally, thank you for always being there." She replied, and I know this will be a heart-to-heart talk.

"I-paubaya mo na sa team mo yung camera please? full time maid of honor ka muna" She added, ilang araw na naming pinagtatalunan 'to.

"How many times have we talked about it? ayaw ko nga. Sa dinami-dami ng kasal na napuntahan ko, kasal mo ang palalagpasin ko? naurrr! You know how much I love my job and how much I love taking pictures, now no one knows how much I want you to be my favorite subject for tomorrow's event, I'll promise to do my very best." I stated, i'm just staring at her eyes while saying those words.

"I love you." She said and hugged me, that's the first and maybe the last.

"I love you, Rhi." I said and hug her back.

You were the sun in my sky, the light of my life, but you chose to leave me in the dark for someone else's spark. Now I have to let you go, even though it hurts me so. I will now try to stop hoping, and see you on your wedding.

"Do you have any dream aside from your passion?" She asked out of nowhere.

They're just fixing her make up slightly, and we have ten minutes only before we go to church.

"What do you mean?" I asked while holding my camera, checking my shoots since earlier.

"I mean may iba ka pa bang gustong mangyari sa buhay mo except from being photographer?" She asked again.

"Actually, yes." I replied.

"Tell me, Mich, I wanna know!" She said.

I took a deep breath, I think this is the perfect timing na kanina ko pa pinagdarasal. I know it's too late...but I think enough na sa'kin yung masabi ko manlang.

"You, Rhi. You're my dream." I said, I laugh at myself for being a fool right now.

"Pangarap ko'ng makita kang naka-suot ng puting gown habang naglalakad papalapit sa'kin,  well I know it's too late to say all of this, pero noong una palang naman huli na..." I stopped for a moment and went back to the first day we met.

"Seeing how perfect you two are in the national museum, I told myself that...that guy was so lucky. You know what...I was so happy when you approached me at the cafe because I really thought you will just remain in my memory. I have tried very hard to hide my true feelings from you, but it's been really futile. I do love you more than words could ever capture. Now please be happy with him, i'm alright." I stated and smiled at her before leaving her in the room.

And that was the time that I chose to say what my hearts really wanted to, for such a long time.

Today, on your very special day. Matutupad narin ang pangarap ko na makita kang papalapit sa altar, wearing a very glamorous wedding dress, wearing the wedding ring i'm the one who choose. I captured all the beautiful angles of you walking down the aisle, my love. But the thing is i'm not the one waiting for you at the altar, I'm not the one who supposed to marry you...

a/n — this is actually inspired by that one story that appears on my feed and I decided to make a rhimich version, lol. 🌻