FAINT-HEARTED II

3 years later...
Third Person POV

Rhian is just sitting on the bench, this is one of the things she loves to do every time she goes to the beach, ang panoorin ang dagat. For her, gentle ocean waves bring peace to her soul.

"Hi." A very familiar voice of a woman, and that woman sat beside her.

"How are you?" The woman said.

"I'm fine." Rhian replied without looking, she already knew who it was.

After that, the two became silent, the sound of the sea waves intervened again.

"Sorry." Sabay nilang sabi.

They both can feel the awkwardness, and they hate it. Hindi naman sila ganito, they used to be bestfriends, they used to keep the secrets of each other, they used to live in the same roof, but in just one snap, nagbago ang lahat.

At tila ba pinaglalaruan talaga sila ng tadhana, because it was sunset, the DJ on that beach played the song when we were young.

The two gorgeous woman feel the song, and suddenly all what happened since the day Rhian confessed her feelings just flashback in their minds, and all they need to do is to cherish the moment in case it is the last time.

Everybody loves the things you do
From the way you talk
To the way you move
Everybody here is watching you
'Cause you feel like home
You're like a dream come true

That night that day, while Rhian's preparing a dinner for them bumaba nalang si Michelle carrying her luggage.

"I'm going home to Manila." Michelle said without looking at Rhian.

"Wait, kumain ka muna..." Rhian said trying not to let her tears fall.

"I'm full, take care Rhi." Last thing she said.

But if by chance you're here alone
Can I have a moment?
Before I go?
Cause I've been by myself all night long
Hoping you're someone I used to know

"I heard you're planning to join Miss Universe Philippines?" Rhian started, it's been a weeks since they last talked, it's less than a month but it's feels like a decade for Rhian.

"Yes." Michelle replied coldly, but honestly she's just stopping herself to hug Rhian that day.

"Goodluck to your journey! Bye Mich." Rhian said and left Michelle's room, yun lang naman kasi talaga ang gusto niyang sabihin, she think she's so stupid to think na mabalik ulit ang ihip ng hangin between her and Michelle.

You look like a movie
You sound like a song
My God this reminds me, of when we were young
Let me photograph you in this light
In case it is the last time
That we might be exactly like we were
Before we realized
We were scared of getting old
It made us restless
It was just like a movie
It was just like a song

It's been a year since Rhian left, she moved out to Australia for her mom and also to think, to move on to be exact. Now, Michelle is alone in the apartment where Rhian and her used to live together, every time she passed the door of Rhian's room, it feels like her heart was stabbed by a millions of needles, it feels like she lost her other half, kahit matagal na, masakit parin.

I was so scared to face my fears
Nobody told me that you'd be here
And I'd swear you moved overseas
That's what you said, when you left me
You still look like a movie
You still sound like a song
My God, this reminds me, of when we were young

It's the day of the competition, Michelle's friends and family are present to support her. But Michelle knew na may kulang, her bestfriend is not there to support her, to watch her, to cheer for her, and it's her fault. She keep on checking her phone baka sakaling mag-text, pero wala.

"You know what, you're one of the strongest woman i know but you're not strong enough to fight for who you really love." Max said, she had been observing her friend for awhile.

"I will win this for her, Max." Michelle said, Max just hug her friend because she knows this is what Michelle needs now.

Totoo nga pala talaga yung 'you will never know the value of a person until you have lost them' just like what happened to Rhian and Michelle. She only know she loves her, when she let her go.

And a part of me keeps holding on
Just in case it hasn't gone
I guess I still care
Do you still care?
It was just like a movie
It was just like a song
My God, this reminds me
Of when we were young

When the song finished, they returned to reality, after three years they cross paths again. but a lot has changed, Michelle won the Miss Universe Philippines and was crowned Miss Universe 2023, while Rhian got married in Australia and became Mrs. Verzosa.

"Rhi, sorry naging duwag ako." Michelle apologized.

"Wag kang mag-sorry, hindi mo naman kasalanan." Rhian said and finally look at Michelle, for the first time after 3 years they got the chance to stare at each other again.

"I'm happy for you Mrs. Verzosa, at least my cowardice has good results." She joked and they both laugh.

"I'm happy for you also, i'm very proud of you honey." Rhian said and leaned his head on Michelle's shoulder.

"Honey? i missed that." Michelle said.

"Yeah, i actually told Sam not to call me honey because it's only for us." Rhian said bringing back her kadaldalan.

"Pero grabe ka, hindi mo manlang talaga 'ko sinipot sa kasal ko, ikaw dapat yung maid of honor ko eh!" Rhian pouts and Michelle just chuckle.

They missed each other's presence, finally after 3 years mangyayari pa pala ulit ito. Rhian closed her eyes to feel the peace causing by the ocean and the woman next to her. while Michelle take that opportunity to stare at Rhian's face, she still has eternal beauty.

"I didn't come to your wedding because i don't wanna be your maid of honor, i wanna be your bride." Michelle said in her mind.

a/n — hello! sometimes i'm running out of ideas what to write here HAHAHA! i just want to say y'all can message me if you have any plot suggestions. 🌻