AWAKE

Michelle's POV

"Hey Mich! have you seen our new model?" Olivia said, she's our graphic designer and my friend at the same time.

"Not yet, why? ano meron?" I asked didn't even glanced at her because i'm busy setting the overall theme for an upcoming collection, I'm their creative director by the way.

"She really looks like Rhian." She said, I stopped whatever I was doing and look at her with full of confusion...

"I'm sorry but I swear, I actually thought I was hallucinating." She added.

"Baka coincidence lang, nagkape ka na ba?" I joked, is that possible?

A year ago, I was involved in a car crash. Sadly, my girlfriend Rhian didn't make it, and I was the only one who survived...

Since that day, I always feel a sense of survivor guilt and grief. I'm still healing from the trauma, physical injuries and even my eyesight feels blurry sometimes, everything feels like a dream to me.

It's our breaktime, Olivia and I are having a coffee while seating at the couch here at lounge.

"That's her." Olivia said and looked at the girl she's talking about...

It felt so surreal, I don't even know how or what to react. It felt like time stopped and I can't help but get emotional seeing her face, she looks exactly like Rhian. 

"Miss!" I called, she looked at me pati narin yung mga taong kasama niya...

"Me?" She murmured, I gave her a nod.

"Michelle, remember she's not Rhian calm yourself down." Olivia whispered beside me.

"I know." I replied.

Last month when everything changed...hindi na 'ko umiiyak sa pagtulog, hindi ko na siya nababanggit, hindi ko na siya hinahanap. that's when I realized na wala na, tanggap ko na. But now? I can't deny it, I miss her...I miss everything about my love.

"Hi, good afternoon." She greeted, even their voice sounds the same.

"I'm Jade, your new model." She added.

Jade...Rhian's grandma used to call her Jade when we were still young.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Michelle." I said.

Now I'm stuck, I don't know anong sasabihin ko sakanya...I kept looking at her eyes, beautiful I could just get lost in them.

Then there's a man running towards us, "Hi Madams! I'm sorry for interrupting but we need Jade for an appointment." Russel, our fashion journalist.

"Yeah sure, nakalimutan ko narin yung sasabihin ko, go on Jade! goodluck." I said and gave them a smile before they leave.

"Sigurado ka bang walang kambal or kapatid si Rhian?" Olivia asked.

"She's an only child." I answered.

We both grab our coffee and go back to the office, the breaktime is done.

"Michelle, are you okay?" Olivia asked.

"I know nagsisimula ka palang mag-heal from that car accident, so it might be hard seeing someone na kamukha niya everyday dito sa workplace, you know we can put her sa ibang departmen--"

"No, It's fine Olivia. I'll be fine." I assured.

"Hmmkay, just tell me if you need someone." She said and go back to work.

The following day, I have my morning coffee while walking at the hallway, everyone greeted be and so do i. As far as I know mas mauuna si Olivia sa'kin today because of her design conference this morning.