8. THE EDGE LOOKED LIKE THE END

"Come on that's the best place here" Ruhan forwarded his hand for Ragini. She was sitting on the grass beside Sanskar as they like the introverts they were didn't want to explore a lot around the current monument they were at.

"Why are you so annoying Ruhu. I told you I don't like walking please" she said pleading him. Ruhan 's expression turned sad.

"Come here" Sanskar dragged him to sit in between them and Ragini rested her head on Ruhan's shoulder. "See that sunset. Its more beautiful than anything else" she pointed at the yellow sky which was turning slowly orange.

Sanskar agreed looking at the same. "I doubt that" Ruhan said as he looked at Ragini. She hit him on his shoulder. "Go then get a good view which is beautiful for you. I am tired" she said falling back on the grass.

"What was I doing then?" Ruhan mumbled which Sanskar heard and looked at Ruhan. He walked from there. Sanskar looked at Ragini and then went behind Ruhan who looked troubled.

"Wait man" Sanskar said as he tried to catch up with the fast walking Ruhan. "What happened to you?" Sanskar asked reaching his friend.

"Problem is I don't feel the same anymore. Though it looks like she has forgiven me she really has not moved on from the incident" Ruhan looked down at his feet

Sanskar couldn't understand why this thing was bothering Ruhan so much. It's not the first fight they had. Actually from the time they had come to 6th standard they had the most fights in the class. It was unlikely of Ruhan who would get annoyed over small things. But he was different from the past self.

"You know Ragini. Don't you? She takes a little time to get back to normal. And that's how she is. She can't change all at once. Just give her some more time" Sanskar tried to comfort his friend.

"That's the thing I am lacking" Ruhan said lowly. "what do you mean?" Sanskar asked confused.

"Finally I found you people. Come on we are moving to next destination" Jayant came there and stood panting.

Ragini was already in her place and sleeping leaning to the window. Ruhan stopped near their seat. Sanskar who was standing behind him looked at him confused. "You want to sit here? I will go to the front seat. No problem with me" Sanskar offered. He thought may be Ruhan was exhausted sitting in the front near the driver where Sunil sir was singing not letting anyone sleep.

Ruhan didn't give any reply. Sanskar patted his shoulder and walked to the front leaving him to sit beside Ragini who was just sleeping without a care in the world.

Sanskar looked back and found Ruhan smiling first time in days with his closed eyes and his eyes moved beside him where Ragini was sleeping now placing her head on Ruhan's shoulder.

It felt good to see them together when it felt like they were drifting apart. He smiled and then found Ragini opening her eyes in slits and looking at Ruhan confused. She said something and he replied her something with the same peaceful smile and she looked like she whined and he dragged her head to place it on his shoulder and smiled more widely and looked out of the window.

And Sanskar couldn't understand the emotional shift happened in Ruhan for such a short amount of time.

"See there love birds" Satya one of their classmate spoke which dragged Sanskar's attention. He was pointing at Ragini and Ruhan. Sanskar felt suddenly sick in his stomach hearing that. He glared Satya who raised his eye brow asking Sanskar what. Sanskar flared up his nostrils in warning tone.

"Can't you see with your open eyes? Or you are blind?" Satya asked and Sameer who was beside him chuckled. "Stop right there" Sanskar warned them but got only Snickers in return.

"Or else Mr. Mute. Will you punch me?" He challenged. Sanskar scoffed clenching his jaw and a sharp punch landed on Satya's face.

Aditi screamed seeing that and the lights of the bus were turned on. Ragini woke up from her nap and everyone else too.

"Calm down boys" Sunil sir tried to calm them but Satya held Sanskar's collar and was ready to punch him for the second time.

Ragini was fully awake now. "Move" she said to Ruhan and got up from her place. Sunil sir had separated them from each other.

"What's that?" Shankar sir's voice boomed from the back seat and all went silent. Ragini held Sanskar by his wrist and dragged him to the back seat. She made him to sit in her place and fumed looking at Satya who was fuming looking at Sanskar.

"What is wrong with you?" She asked looking at Sanskar. "Will you get up for some time?" She then asked Ruhan who stood up and gave her the seat to sit. Ragini wiped the wound on Sanskar's cheek and applied some ointment.

"This is why I didn't want you go to the front you idiot" she scolded Sanskar who was still angry as he looked at Satya who was fuming too.

She got up and signed Ruhan to sit beside Sanskar. "Ragu. Come here bacha" Shankar sir called her and made her sit beside Pari who was on the long seat with other students and Helen ma'am was at the edge of it. Shankar sir walked to the front to sit in the empty seat now.

"Why did you fight?" Ruhan asked and Sanskar just nodded his head without a word. He was not going to speak about it and he would make sure Satya will keep his mouth shut too for the rest of his life.