12. FIGHTS AND TEARS

Ragini had enough. She banged her pen on the desk and turned to Arav who had a wide silly grin on his face. The problem was she couldn't even scold him in serious tone..

Ruhan watched her for a second and then moved his gaze to the blackboard to copy the notes. He has been trying to keep his distance after the sports day. How much painful was it for him anyone could guess but Ragini couldn't.

"Sir .." Ragini called and everyone turned to look at her. "No... No sorry" Arav apologised and Ragini glared him and clenched her jaw while she continued to copy down her notes.

"Clown" Satya scoffed looking in Arav's direction. Sunil sir went out after he finished writing on the board and Ragini turned to look at Satya fuming for his remark.

"What?" He asked her shrugging his shoulders. "Take that back" she warned him. "I will not. And it's a fact" Satya crossed his arms challenging her.

Sanskar looked from Ragini to Satya. Sure Ragini hated how Arav always annoyed her sitting beside her. And the problem was their class teacher paid zero heed to her request of changing her seats. Sunil sir wanted them to get along as classmates not dislike each other. But Arav was her friend and she would never tolerate anybody humiliating him

And what Ragini did next nobody had seen it coming. She walked to Satya and emptied his water bottle over his head while he sat with his mouth open shocked all gasped looking at Ragini who smirked.

"Now who's the clown exactly?" She asked crossing her arms after she dropped the empty bottle on the ground.

Satya was about to attack her but Jayant stood in between them. "I know she is your sister but tell her not to behave like she is the queen of this place" Satya moved back.

"And do you think you are the king of this place?" She asked in a mocking tone. Sanskar reached her quick. "Ragini" he called her to stop. She was really inviting trouble now.

"Yeah I think I am the king so what you want to be my queen now?" He smirked. Sanskar looked at him in disbelief. Ragini seemed speechless. Sanskar's gaze drifted to Ragini when he heard the coos from the whole class now.

He found her embarassed. Ruhan felt like he need to do something and neared them and watched Ragini from the other side as Sanskar held her back.

"How dare you?" Jayant punched Satya hard. So hard that his lips started to bleed. "How dare you talk about my sister like that?" Jayant continued to beat Satya without giving a break.

Sanskar moved his eyes now to look at Satya and Jayant who were fighting non stop. Without a choice he had to leave her and walk to Jayant and hold him to stop. Satya's eye had turned blue and Jayant had few bruises too.

Sanskar then looked at Ragini who slumped in Ruhan's embrace and her eyes were lost in sadness. And Sanskar didn't like it tiny bit also how the sadness looked like never leaving Ragini and the same was going to happen to Ruhan in some time when he would realise his mistake which he committed in spur of the moment when he couldn't stop himself from being protective over her.

Ruhan cared about nothing anymore. He just patted her head dragging her into his protective warmth. And Sanskar knew this was going to cause more lips to talk about them. And it might reach a point where they will get more and more humiliated and mocked over.

"Jayant" Sanskar shouted this time as he couldn't control his frustration due to the things around him. "How can he talk about my sister that way?" Jayant struggled in Sanskar's hold. His face was red due to anger.

"It was her who started it. Why? You can't tolerate what I just spoke but you give a blind eye to your friend having feelings for your sister?" Satya asked as he rubbed his cheek.

Jayant fumed more this time. If it wasn't for Sanskar he would have murdered Satya right there.

"Don't tell me you didn't notice how Ruhan has become close to your sister from the starting of this year. Are you blind or something?" Satya spat.

"Shut up you moron. "Sanskar warned him with a glare. "And you call yourself as his friend? You never told him this?" Satya scoffed looking at Sanskar. Now Jayant's gaze moved to Sanskar who only glared Satya more.

"What's happening here?' Sunil sir walked in and was shocked to find the chaos. Pranita who always wanted the teacher's attention walked to Sunil sir. "Sir Satya called Arav a clown so Ragini and he started to fight and then Jayant came in between and started to fight with Satya. " she said with her wide eyes.

Sunil sir was a bit irritated. "both of you. To HM ma'am cabin. Now" he pointed at Jayant and Satya. He then looked at Ragini who was being comforted now by Pari.

He guessed there was more to the story Pranita told. But he couldn't guess what it was. He knew if Jayant has lost his cool over Satya that restless kid might have spoken something very serious.

He didn't wanted to escalate things and instead wanted to talk it out to his students. But the situation needed something serious than his friendly approach.

"Are you okay?" He neared Ragini who gave him a light nod and then slumped back in Pari 's embrace.

Once they were made to shake hand with each other forcefully in the Principal's office Jayant scoffed once he was heading towards the class and Satya just didn't bother about Jayant's reaction.

Sanskar looked at his best friend and Jayant's silence spoke it all. He took his belongings and moved to another bench where their classmate Azar sat.

Sanskar felt as if he was drowning inside a river and nobody was around to help him. The evening walk was like everyone had the same destination but walked aimlessly.

Ruhan walked in the front and Ragini and Ashwini were the next in row and Ashwini tried her best to comfort Ragini who was still sad.

Jayant walked behind as though trying to protect his sister. And Sanskar behind him watching all of them like they all were in different dimensions.

Today was the day Sanskar truly understood how important was Jayant in his life. The goofball friend of his was nothing less than his soul. And he realised it now when he had spent half a day without talking to Jayant. It was the first that they didn't talk to each other from the time Jayant had sat beside Sanskar on the day one of his school life in their school.

That night sleep looked very unwanted for Sanskar. His mother who slightly guess his turmoil walked to him and he placed his head on her lap and tried to get a bit comfort.

World looked like a dark place with so many demons and Sanskar had lost his light. And that hurt so bad he couldn't even describe with words.