19.HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT I NEED YOU

Sanskar was paranoid to say the least. He looked around suddenly his heart went racing and breath became heavy and clear.

Looked like time didn't want to move. He could hear the loud cheering, Ruhan and Pari 's voice was clear to him. But what wasn't clear was if he was present there.

Was it a dream which will end in some seconds and he just need to close his eyes and wait.

"Sanskar" he turned at the voice and smiled weakly. Ragini was looking at him. Now he was sure he was dreaming.

"Hey" this time she shook him hard and he realised it was reality. A horrific real life situation where he was going to be on the stage in some time from now.

He looked at himself. He hadn't been dressed yet. "Damn" he said taking a deep breath now. "What happened to you? You looked like you froze suddenly?" Ragini looked at him worried.

He got up with a jolt. "I am not even ready. I don't even know to tie this dhoti. I am going to get humiliated for sure. All gonna laugh at me. Why did I come to school today" he panicked more.

Ragini held his arm and stopped him then her hand reached his cheek which instantly stopped him and he looked into her eyes as if she commanded him to do so by some magical spell.

"You're gonna be fine. Relax okay. I will tie this dhoti for you securely alright and you have practised this well. Remember what I said. Do this for yourself. You have to overcome your stage fear Sanskar. And I know you'll do it." She smiled at him and he let out a breath to relax which he had been holding without his knowledge.

Ragini moved around him tying the dhoti securely and stood really close to him while she adjusted the front of it and Sanskar was lost in his own world watching her face.

Her face had no spot on it except a mole near her pink lips at the chin. Even if there were spots more than that Sanskar was sure she would still look cute to him. 'so beautiful' he thought in his mind. She looked so beautiful to him that he felt as if he was in some pleasant place and she was some princess or doll who had no flaws at all.

Her smooth hair was covering her ears and still her silver earring was shining and visible to him. When she pressed her lips concentrating the left cheek etched that dimple. Sanskar just lost himself in the time now. He didn't wanted time to move any further.

The moment she looked up to meet his gaze he knew he lost the battle to control himself. He didn't know what was happening to him. His breath quickened suddenly and he felt sudden pang inside him as though it was stopping from breathing.

He suddenly wanted to touch her and hug her. He wanted to plant kisses on her cheek how he had seen the hero doing to the heroines in the movies. He wanted her to be shocked with his action. He imagined himself doing the things he has seen in the movies to Ragini who of course wasn't aware why was he staring at her.

The difference of height only made it more difficult for him to control himself. Her deep beautiful eyes. Her pink puckered lips, her beutiful skin, silky hair, the dangling earrings. He wanted to feel her more near to him.

"Sanskar next is your performance" Ruhan's voice was clear and loud. He quickly came out of his dream land and looked at the entrance of the backstage where Ruhan was standing looking at the opposite direction as the singing was going on the stage.

Sanskar didn't know why he felt thankful that Ruhan didn't catch Sanskar staring like that at Ragini. The moment Ruhan turned Sanskar just move away from Ragini and tried to look around not particularly for anything.

Ragini was puzzled at his confusion. He was shuffling around searching something and she wasn't sure what exactly. Ragini huffed and took the prop and forwarded in front of him. He looked at it and flushed looking up at her.

She gave him a nod of disbelief and he smiled weakly not looking at her but staring the ground. "I... I was just searching for it. You always know when I need you" he smiled at her. She gave him a big smile and hugged him lightly and wished luck. And again Sanskar froze in his place.

"Sanskar quick" Pari who came there called and he landed back to reality. "Go. Rock it" Ragini pushed him and encouraged him.

Sanskar stood and felt the music starting. He took a deep breath with closed his eyes. As the tune for first step came he looked up. Now there was no turning back. He remembered what Ragini told him and forgot everyone and danced like he was alone and nobody was watching him. In between his imagination he felt Ragini was clapping for him encouraging and that made him smile brightly and he enjoyed the art called dance first time in his life.

And that was how Sanskar overcome his fear of introversion. And he would be thankful all his life to the person who brought him out of that darkness. Ragini. He will never forget her. Even if this was the last year they were seeing each other. Even if he would never meet her again. Even if she liked someone else. Even if she went away from him.

He will never forget Ragini was the person who ignited something called emotions inside him. She was the person who made him feel his own emotions. The one who always knew when he needed her.

Now he needed her always.