Chapter 3

As the sun's morning light peeked into the room where Clarinia was sleeping in, the girl let out a soft groan. What the hell happened yesterday? Letting out a sigh, she then sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Then stretching, Clarinia got out of bed, and changed into more suitable clothes, courtesy of Nya.

Making sure she was presentable, the girl then walked into the cool morning air on the main deck of the Bounty, where everyone was training. Clarinia then proceeded to reveal herself, only to have her best friend ruin the moment.

"Hey, what the heck happened last night?" 

It wasn't even a minute as she stepped into view when Jay questioned her. Letting out a sigh, Clarinia raised her hand, and ran it through her slightly messy hair. Should I tell him? Then again, Jay can't learn to keep his mouth shut.

"I don't want to talk about it yet, not until I tell Sensei," Clarinia then realized he wasn't even on the deck with her friends, "Now that I mention it, where is he?" 

She questioned, turning to Cole, who now stood at a respectable distance between the duo. Noticing two of their members talking to the girl, Kai and Zane walk over, discussing something in hushed voices. Great, all I need is the rest of them asking me questions. Clarinia dreadfully thought. 

"He's meditating." 

Cole replied to the new girl's question, looking at her. Clarinia immediately made a beeline for the second level, running up the staircase within a matter of seconds. I need the truth. I need him to tell me why he didn't come looking for me. Not bothering to knock, the young female slid open the door.

"You could always knock, but come in anyway." 

Sensei Wu looked up at the young girl before him. Nodding her head slightly, Clarinia slid the door closed behind her, before taking a seat on the floor in front of him. Becoming both eager and anxious in the seemingly awkward silence, the young girl began tapping her fingers in a rhythm against the wooden ground, waiting for Sensei Wu to talk. 

"Sensei, why didn't you tell me in the first place?" 

He let out a well needed sigh. "So you know what happened. That night, I was going to find you both but with everything that happened after that night, fighting evil and training the ninja, I didn't have the time. Then I heard about your mother passing. And I thought you were gone as well, but something else happened, when she passed, right?"

Thinking back to the many years before, a jumble of images came together, merging with one another. 

In that very moment she left the mortal world for the spirit world, the people from the orphanage had come into the room to check up on their newest child. It wasn't until before Clarinia had left to find her father with her best friends, that her orphanage mother told her something about that night.

When they came to check up on her, they saw her body encased in a soft glowing light that seemed welcoming and warm. Every night since then, Clarinia would always have the light around her as if it was protecting her from some dark force.

But then one night, the warm light grew weak, and stopped protecting, or so it seemed. That same night, Garmadon came back.

"Are...Are you saying the light was my mom?" 

Unsure of her question to her father, Clarinia looked up into his eyes. They seemed like an abyss. For Wu, he felt an unfamiliar feeling, dread.

"Sadly, yes. She's been protecting you from a very dark evil, but when Garmadon returned, he was still able to travel by shadows and went after you first. Your light protected you, your mother protected you, but then he took that light away and sealed it somewhere in the Underworld."