Chapter 14

Kai's POV

'He only trains with the ones he started with.' What the heck does that mean? That he'll only be allowed to progress with Claire and Mason by his side? But why just them two? Yeah they're family, but sometimes family doesn't get along - and I'm loosing focus, stay focused Kai!

"Sensei, what do you mean he only trains with the ones who started with him?" Zane questions.

"He will only train with Clarinia and Mason. I sent Lloyd out as well since he already knew." Sensei answers.

"What about his destiny?" Jay asks.

"I cannot say at the moment. I will tell you when the time comes." Sensei says before leaving the room.

"We better start training." I say after a brief pause.

We all agreed before putting the dishes away. Didn't want a mad sister later on anyways. Then we all head outside onto the deck to see 3 different spinjitzu's happening at the same time. What the heck? James already knows this stuff?

"Why is there an orange one?" Jay asks us.

"It must be James, he's the Orange Ninja. And is a pretty fast learner." I answer.

James's POV

*Earlier*

The four of us exit the dining room to get to training. Which is absolutely stupid. First I find out my dad is Sensei, and that I'm the Orange Ninja of Combat, and now he wants me to train as well? This guy is asking for too much.

"What are we gonna learn today?" I ask the two.

"I think we'll start with spinjitzu." Mason says happily.

"What's spinjitzu?" I ask facing my sister.

"Its a tornado of energy... when your inside it, its like time slows down and your able to fight inside it. All you need to do is concentrate." She explains.

"Can you demonstrate?"

"Sure. C'mon Mason."

I then look at them as they spun into two tornadoes. A purple one and a gray one. Now that's pretty cool, now I want to try! Then they got too close and turned into a big gray and purple tornado. I turn around and see Lloyd watching us.

"Lloyd, can you do that to?" He nods and joins the tornado.

Now it held purple, gray, and green. And it was pretty big, which freaked me out a little, but it was just my family. Which is really weird that I think of them still as friends right now and I'm loosing focus again gosh darn it James. Looking at the 3 once more, they all stopped and looked at me expectantly.

"Can you try?" Lloyd asks me.

I nod and concentrate. Wait, that is what you do right? Once I did that, I spin and see orange surround me. A moment later, I see a hint of purple and gray and look  up to see Mason and then Claire. But no green. Where's Lloyd? I then loose focus and fell on the ground. With my friends landing on top of me.

I let out an 'oomph' sound before they both rolled over, which actually was a bit funny to me. Mason held out his hand to me before I take it and help myself up. Damn, if only I was good at revenge then I would do something to them both...

"Wow, your pretty good." Cole comments.

"Thanks." 

I reply. It was all I could think of. Embarrassed, I excuse myself to go get my shurikens. Heading down the hall quickly, I walk into my room and grabbed the weapons from under my pillow before leaving the room and walking out onto the deck and back to Claire and Mason.