𝟎𝟕 | 𝐃𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐈'𝐦 𝐁𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧?!

𝟎𝟕
𝐃𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐈'𝐦 𝐁𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧?!

𝟎𝟕𝐃𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐈'𝐦 𝐁𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧?!

"I just want to become strong"

Your words echoed in Akaza's mind as he left you alone once more the next morning before sunrise. And your eyes... he could never forget the blazing determination and fighting spirit that burned so brightly it nearly blinded him.

Akaza hated weak people.

And yet... when faced with an unshakable fighting spirit, he could not simply ignore it. You, [Name] [Last Name], were a confusing specimen. Physically weak, yet mentally strong. Bashful and polite one minute, yet bold and demanding the next. You truly were strange...

Perhaps that was part of the reason his Lord Muzan had taken such an interest in you, a mere human girl who was the embodiment of the word "weak".

"Akaza."

"Yes, Lord Muzan," Akaza greeted his master, kneeling on a platform inside the Infinity Castle with his head down, a sign of respect for the Progenitor and acknowledging his own status as a lesser being.

"I will be visiting the human girl tonight," his lord began, slowly turning to peer down at his subordinate from above. "I will not stay for the entire night, so you are to accompany me and remain there once I have taken my leave."

Still looking down, Upper Moon Three nodded his head. "Understood, Lord Muzan."

With a satisfied nod, Muzan turned away, disappearing in the blink of an eye. At his departure, Akaza stood up, thinking about the weak girl who had caught the Demon King's attention. Perhaps with time, and once she had fully recovered from the lasting effects of her illness, she could train to become strong and, ultimately, become a powerful demon. Her wish would be fulfilled, and Akaza would be able to witness that fighting spirit of hers transform into power that she could use to become a truly worthy opponent.

Not that he would fight you until the brink of death to prove your worth, of course—Akaza did not kill or devour women and children, and given that you were both, you would prove your worth by being able to hold your own while fighting alongside the strong. But, realistically speaking, none of the other demons—much less his fellow Upper Rank demons—would willingly want to team up with anyone else except for him.

Oh well. It hardly mattered in the long run anyways, he supposed.

"Oh? And what do we have here? Doth mine eyes deceive me, or is that Lord Akaza I see standing before me?"

All it took was that mere voice to ruin Akaza's mood for the entire day—no, the rest of the week. In an instant, he wanted nothing more than to destroy the god forsaken creature that appeared in front of him with a shit-eating grin. With a harsh glare and clenched fists, he spat, "Douma. What the hell do you want?"