IV

chapter fourFlashbacks

chapter four
Flashbacks

       As Spencer and Damon walked around the morgue. Spencer was talking to the mortuary assistant and Damon was looking at the bodies. They laid so still, so peaceful, so....helpless. His head turned a little as he looked at a girl.

She was maybe 14-15 and she looked so peaceful. Damon always found that dead people were peaceful and they didn't talk.....ever, not a word. They were like him. Silent, calm, and didn't talk about what they went through.

Damon's fingers gently touched the young girls cheek, brushing her hair out of her cold, pale face. Damon chuckled a little. She couldn't scream or yell.

She was dead.
He liked it.

"Agent Odair, we don't touch the bodies" Spencer said looking at Damon. "Of course not" Damon gave a small smile and walked over to Spencer. "I'm sorry, she's just so...innocent" Damon said looking back over his shoulder to the girl. "Cause she is" The morgue attendant said, feeling uncomfortable around Damon.

"I'm sorry, I just find death fascinating" Damon said, seeing the man's tense body. "Maybe you went into the wrong career" The man said as Spencer chuckled.

Damon didn't find it funny. Damon never wanted this job. He was fine in prison. He was fine with his life. But he had no choice, even if it seemed like he did, he didn't. He didn't want a life like this. Full of death, murder, blood, abuse. He never wanted this and that fact that they were making jokes about his career, didn't make Damon feel good.

He wanted to go home.
He always wanted to go home.
But home, was six feet under the cold, hard ground.

"I didn't" Damon said calmly as the man's smile dropped. Spencer followed the man over to some bodies and Damon followed. Damon looked at the male bodies first as the man spoke. "All signs of struggle, and it seems that the killer, cut their wrists then left them to die" The older man said as Damon put on his black, leather gloves. He gently grabbed the dead man's arm and hand, then flipped it over to see the cut on the wrists. Damon ran his gloved finger gently over the cut on the man's wrist.

It was a jagged cut. Something from a dull knife or a blunt object. Something more painful than something sharp. "He wanted to feel his victims pain" Damon said calmly. "How to you know it's a he?" The soft voice of Spencer, made Damon smile the slightest bit. "Because it's something I would do" Damon said looking at the two men.

The older man's voice goes pale as Spencer groans a little. "I'm not wrong, females can do this but they would take the time to clean the cut and make it clean." Spencer nodded a little at Damon's words. "Not sloppy and messy" Damon said, sternly.