XX

chapter twenty Good And Evil

chapter twenty
Good And Evil

Damon woke up to the soft breathing of Aidan. Damon ran his fingers through Aidan's hair gently to not wake him up. Damon looked at Aidan, normally he'd smile and kiss the top of his head, but that was when they were younger. Damon didn't smile nor did he kiss the top of Aidan's head.

Damon slowly and carefully got up. Not waking Aidan as he walked into the kitchen, closing the bedroom door. He looked around as he rubbed his eyes.

"NO PLEASE!" Damon sobbed as he held his mother's head, hand over the hole in her beautiful head. Blonde hair dying with the red of her blood. Damon held her close, rubbing her cheek as he sobbed. "This is your fault" Roman said to his son. "I HATE YOU!" Damon yelled as his father smacked the back of his head so hard Damon's young body shot forward.

Damon walked over to the couch and picked up his phone. Checking if he had any notifications to which he didn't but he did see the time. '6:30am' he need to get to work and soon.

Walking back to the bedroom, Damon laid back down to Aidan. "I gotta go to work" he whispered to the blonde man in his bed. "Mmm, I gotta go too" Aidan murmured, snuggling into the crook of Damon's neck. "Okay" Damon whispered before getting up and getting dressed. Aidan looked at him then shook his head.

When Damon walked into work, he looked around. Harper was in the office, Spencer with him. Spencer looked hella nervous but when did he not? Damon ignored it and walked over to the conference room.

Harper gave Spencer a kiss. "See you tonight" she smiled as Spencer nodded. "See you tonight" he kissed her one more time then also made his way to the conference room. Sitting down next to Damon, he gave a friendly smile. Damon looked at him then gave a small smile then looked back at Penelope.

"Today, on 7th and Adams street, a man was found dead in his apartment. His name was Carmen Whole and he was killed by his eyes being burned into his body" Penelope said as she pulled up pictures, not looking at them. "One hell of a signature" Derek said as he looked at the photos.

Damon looked at the photos, him being calm on the outside but he was freaking out on the inside.

"No, please, don't!" Carmen begged for his life, as Damon watched the younger man pour gasoline into Carmen's eyes. Damon tossed the kid a lighter. "With this, you wanna be careful not to light too fast, one eye at a time" Damon said calmly as the man looked even more terrified.

"Damn kid" Damon thought as he ran a hand through his hair, watching and looking at the people around him. Them talking without knowing who did it when he did. He felt like he was a kid again, keeping his father's secrets for something he didn't want.

"Wheels up in 30" Hotch said as everyone got up. Damon kind of walked away from everyone as he pulled out his phone. He looked at Ryan's number then turned his phone off. He walked over to Spencer.

"You planning on proposing to Harper?" Damon asked the man in front of him. "Wha-no what..how, no-" Spencer stuttered as he looked away then back at Damon. "How did you know?" He asked Damon. "I guessed" he smiled as Spencer gave a small smile too, looking away from the man in front of him. "Can I see the ring?" Damon asked as Spencer opened his desk. Spencer pulled a black velvet ring box and opened it. There was a beautiful gold ring with a small but perfect diamond in the middle. Two small diamonds on the sides and small, elegant gold flowers. "Damn" Damon whispered as he gently took the box and looked at it. "Is it too much?" Spencer asked as Damon looked at him. "No, no, not at all. This is exactly Harper" Damon said as he closed the box then handed it back to Spencer.

"Penelope helped with it, I didn't know if it was right, but you've known her the longest so if you think it's good. I'll take it" Spencer chuckled slightly with a soft smile. Damon smiled back. "This is all Harper has wanted since I've known her. She's always wanted a fairytale wedding with the man of her dreams" Damon said calmly and with a reassuring smile.

"I'll make her dream come true" Spencer said as Damon nodded. "I'm sure you will" he said as Spencer looked at the man next to him.

"Let's go!" Hotch yelled at them as both men's heads shot up. Damon knew he would be throwing one of his own in prison, which also met he could snitch, which could also blow his cover with that he was going.

As Damon walked, he dialed Ryan. "We got one of our one as an Unsub on a case, I can't have him be snitching to the cops" he whispered into the phone. "I understand" Ryan said before hanging up.

Damon walked like normal onto the plane, sitting down in his normal stop, in the back of the plane, on the couch. As he looked around, cracking his knuckles. His nails clicked against each other as Hotch walked over. He sat down across from him.

"Damon" Hotch said calmly. "Bossman" Damon replied in a calm tone. Hotch found it amusing but didn't change his facial expression. "You found it funny" Damon said, blankly. "How are you doing?" Aaron asked as he leaned into the couch. "I'm good, tired but good" Damon replied. "Good" Hotch said before walking away.

Damon leaned back in his seat, his mind wondering back to the ring Spencer had showed him. He felt happy for them, Harper and Spence, but somewhere, somehow, he felt almost jealous. But the thing was, it wasn't quite jealousy, it was more obsessive jealousy. Damon didn't know who it was too though, was it Harper or......Spencer.

Words 1027