XVII

chapter eighteenSomeone Like You

chapter eighteen
Someone Like You

                Damon walked into the conference room and sat down without a word, like normal. The only person to look at him was Derek.

"There was a body found yesterday night, a woman, mid thirties. She was drowned to death." JJ said as she pulled up some photos. It was a blonde woman, blue eyes and pale skin. Damon sat up straight in his seat as he looked at the photos.

"Victims name?" Damon asked before Hotch could open his mouth to speak. "Cassie Lambord" JJ replied as Damon let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in. "You ok?" Penelope asked Damon. "Fine" he whispered.

Damon was far from fine, he was freaking out. Damon looked at the photo, holding his gaze, stuck on this image of a woman he did not know. How did this woman, he didn't know, look so much like a woman he knew personally.

"She was found in Brooklyn state park near the water. She was buried under the water, in her own kind of coffin" JJ said as she pulled up more photos. "She was stripped of her clothes and raped, but she was cleaned so there was no DNA" Damon didn't like how much he knew his case, like it was a movie he'd seen a hundred different times. Reciting every line. 

"Didn't you" Derek looked at Damon. "Used to live near Brooklyn State Park?". Derek was most definitely condescending. "I did" Damon sighed. His foot tapping up and down on the ground as his heel never touched. "Ever heard of a woman going missing of drowning?" Morgan asked. "If you would have listened, she said, this happened yesterday night. So no, I did not hear about a woman who went missing but thank you for thinking of me" Damon said as he looked at Derek.

Damon could hear the snickers in the room and the unimpressed stare of Aaron Hotchner.  "We're going to Brooklyn, so make sure to be ready" JJ sighed before Hotch spoke. "Jet leaves in 15" and everyone got up.

Damon stayed seated then got up, walking over to the photos. Picking one of them up and looking at it. "Hey, Paedophile, what are you doing?" Derek asked as he leaned against the doorframe. "Can you get any more condescending?" Damon sighed as he put the photo back. "Hurry up" Damon watched as Morgan walked away.

The faint sound of water dripping filled Damon's ears. Him slowly waking up, looking around. His head was killing him and he felt weak. Looking below him, he saw that he was on a mattress. "Dad..?" Damon grunted as he looked around.

He knew where he was.
Why did he know where he was?

"You clean, you watch and listen. Never, do you talk back" the rough sound of Roman flooded Damon's young ears. Damon looked up, vision still blurry as he felt a hand grab his chin roughly. "You're too much like your mother. A whore who never listens" Roman spat before walking away, closing the door behind him.