1. "I want to play a game."

-

Being the oldest silbings wasn't always easy, especially for Rafe Becker, who always needed to live up to his parents' expectations.

The expectations were high, and Rafe never seemed to reach their expectations of him.

Rafe was always the disappointment of the family, unlike his younger sister, who was perfect, well, that's what his parents thought.

Ever since his sister was born, Rafe was never a child. He was always looking after his sister, always being her parent instead of an older brother.

Rafe knew his sister better than anyone. Casey becker wasn't perfect. She wasn't perfect and that was secret nobody but rafe knew.

Rafe knew all his family secrets. How his mom had an affair, how his dad also had an affair.

How his family acted like they loved each other when they didn't. How the pretend to be a happy family in front of everyone but behind locked door, they were anything but happy.

Casey cheated in many things to try and be perfect. She cheated in school, cheated in her relationships, and Rafe knew all of that.

Many would call rafe overprotective, but rafe was trying to protect his sister from herself.

He was the one who threatened her ex boyfriends to keep their mouth shut about Casey cheating.

He was the one who made sure nobody knew that Casey cheated and paid off anyone who did.

Rafe may be overprotective over his sister, but he wasn't about to let her feel what he had been feeling since he was born.

What his parents made him feel like. They made him feel like a failure, like he wasn't good enough for anyone, like whatever he did wasn't good enough.

It was true. He wasn't good enough. He wasn't good enough for anyone. He isn't good enough for his parents, sister, or lovers.

Rafe never got disappointed when his lovers left him or kept him a secret. He never got disappointed because he had already expected it.

There was a saying, "If you expect disappointment, then you can never really get disappointed."

That's what Rafe has been living by for years. He always expected disappointment, and he never gets disappointed in the end when things don't work out.

Rafe never really had any moment of comfort in his life before or any peace. Nobody let him have it. It was like they knew he didn't deserve it.

"-fe! What are you doing in the kitchen? Steve would be here in a couple of minutes, and you know how uncomfortable he is with you around." Casey Becker yelled in annoyance as she walked into the kitchen.

Rafe looked up from his cereal, "I'm eating." Casey rolled her eyes ,"well, eat in your room."

"No. It's disgusting." Rafe replied, picking up his bowl and drinking the milk with a very annoying slurp.

"Oh my god, can't you be more annoying!?" Casey sarcastically questioned, narrowing her eyes at him.

Rafe placed the bowl in the sink and turned to face his sister, a small burp leaving him, grinning at her. "Yes, I can."

"Yes, I can." Casey mimics his voice with total annoyance in her voice.

The phone rang, distracting the silbings from further arguing.

"Pick that up." Casey demanded, walking out of the kitchen, and Rafe sighed before walking over to the phone and picking it up.

"Hello?"