12. "I'm not depressed."

-

Rafe woke up with a pounding headache. He let out a small groan, lifting an arm up and covered his eyes with it as the sunlight peeked through the curtains, wind softly blowing inside through the open window.

"Yo! Rafe, wake up!" Randy's voice rang out, and Rafe loudly groaned ,"fuck off."

Randy laughed, "oh, but why would I do that when I can annoy you." Rafe lifted his arm and glared at him.

Randy chuckled,"How's the hangover?" Rafe just groaned in response.

"Yeah, that what happens when you mix weed with alcohol or did you take anything else?" Randy questioned, concerned and Rafe sat up, the blanket falling to his lap.

"Are you naked!?" Randy asked, his eyes wide, and Rafe rolled his eyes. "No, dumbass, I don't have a shirt on,"

"Why would I sleep naked?" He questioned in a ridiculous tone.

Randy shrugged ,"I don't know, people sleep naked." Rafe threw the blanket off of him and stood up, stretching his body, his bones cracking.

Rafe was shirtless, wearing a pair of black shorts, his hair was messy, sticking out all over, a scar on his arm from where he was stabbed a year ago.

A small yawn escaped him as he grabbed some pain medication for his headache.

"Well, now that you are fully awake, guess what?" Randy grinned at him, and Rafe looked around the room for his water bottle, and he found it under his pillow.

"Two people were murdered last night during the Stab premiere." Rafe looked at him, throwing the pills in his mouth and drinking a bit of water.

"Okay, and?" Rafe questioned after drowning the pills down his throat.

"And!?" Randy wildly moved his hands around, "Ghostface, hello! Ring a bell?"

Rafe sighed ,"it wasn't Sidney or Tatum that got murdered, right?" Randy shook his head.

"Well, then, I don't care. I'll care if it involves Tatum and Sidney, but other than that, I really don't give a shit." Rafe told him, grabbing some clothes.

"What if it's Billy and Stu again?" Randy questioned, following after Rafe towards the bathroom.

Rafe stopped and turned around, and Randy almost bumped into him.

"If it was Billy and Stu, I don't think they would just kill two random people during the Stab premiere, which, by the way, that movie sucks." Rafe slammed the door to the bathroom closed, and Randy sighed.

"Just hurry up. We have shit to do!"

- -

Rafe wore sunglasses over his face as he stood next to Sidney, who was sitting down. They were outside, watching the reporters.

Rafe wore dark jeans with a grey t-shirt along with dark boots. He was holding a cup of coffee in his hand, slowly drinking it. He didn't bother to brush his hair. he just left it messy.

He spotted Gale weather's, and he narrowed his eyes at her from behind his glasses.

"Is that.." Sidney trailed off ,"Gale weather's." Randy finished the sentence, glancing at Sidney with a concern look on his face.

"Why is she here?" Tatum huffed, crossing her arms.

"The murders, obviously," Everyone looked at Rafe, who spoke, "Where's there's a story, she's not far behind." He started to walk away from them and towards Gale.

"Rafe, what are you doing?" Randy questioned, and Rafe lifted his coffee cup. "Throwing this away."

Rafe walked over to the trash and threw his empty cup of coffee and accidentally bumped into Gale.

"Oh, sorry- Rafe Becker, what a surpise. You look...like shit. "Gale honestly told him, and Rafe hummed.

"Likewise," He said, forcing a smile on his face.

"So, I've gotta say, that thing you said in your book -" Gale cut off Rafe , "it was my honest opinion about you, you are an asshole."

Rafe rolled his eyes behind his glasses," I don't give a shit what you said about me. I give a shit about what you said about Dewey,"

"How's your relationship, by the way?" He questioned, being the asshole that he was.

Gale narrowed her eyes at him ,"You already know how our relationship is- was." She corrected herself.

"Right, you guys are on break, right?" Rafe chuckled ,"Randy thinks it's Billy and Stu."

Gale huffed, "What do you think?" She questioned, and Rafe scoffed, "it's not Billy and Stu. It's someone copying them. That's pretty much obvious."

"How are you so sure?" Gale questioned, and Rafe shrugged, "cause Billy and Stu may be idiots but they're smart half the time, "

"They wouldn't have wasted their time killing two random people when the rest of us were at a party, helpless and vulnerable."

Gale chuckled ,"Like, there's anything helpless about you." Rafe grinned down at her.

"I'm taking boxing lessons, Billy and Stu won't know what hit them." Gale smirked ,

"You want to work with me on this? I'm sure you would be very helpful." Rafe shrugged.

"Sure, but um, for the sake of Tatum and Sidney, let's pretend we hate each other." Gale nodded before she stormed off.

"Why were you talking to that wrench?" Tatum questioned, coming over, and Rafe looked at her.

"She was just asking some questions about the murder and I told her to go fuck herself." Rafe replied

"Speaking of questions, let me interview you." Mickey altieri spoke up, and Rafe huffed out a chuckle.

"No." He walked away with that, and Mickey sighed but grinned.

"I'm getting that interview one way or another. Do you think I can bribe him?" Mickey questioned, and Randy laughed.

"Bribe Rafe? Ha, I like to see you try."

- -

"Rafe! Wait!" Rafe glanced behind him and saw Tatum rushing over to him, and he stopped walking, turning to face her.

"Why did you stop taking your medication?" Tatum questioned, and Rafe shrugged.

"It made me tired." He said, "bullshit." Tatum told him, and Rafe sighed.

"I'm not depressed, Tatum. Why would I be depressed? I'm fine." Rafe told her, and Tatum raised an eyebrow at him.

"Oh, so, staying in bed for a whole week without moving is not depression?" Tatum questioned, and Rafe nodded.

"Yes. That's called being lazy, Tatum. Look it up, now if you excuse me , I have to go."

Tatum watched Rafe walk away, and she sighed, worried about him.

She just hoped that it wasn't too late to save him.

-------------------------

Word count - 1056

Hope you enjoyed!