Maleficent 2 Chapter 16

Borra shook his head. "You're wrong, Conall," he said. "We have something they didn't plan on."

Then, to Maleficent's surprise, Borra lifted into the air and flew-straight at her. As he hovered in front of her, his eyes locked on hers. She took another step back. How long had he known she was standing there? "We have...her," Borra went on. "She has powers none of us possess." "

"She is wounded, Borra," Conall pointed out. That was it.

Jay looked thoughtfully at the scene. "Power or not, Borra's playing with fire. Maleficent's not someone you can just push around, wounded or not. He's in for a surprise."

Mal, Aurora, Dival and Audrey agreed with that statement.

Maleficent stepped into the light. She did not need these strangers talking about her as though she were a pawn in some game she didn't even know about.

"Who are you?" she yelled, making her voice as loud as possible despite the pain it caused her.

In a flash, Borra flew closer to her, putting his face mere inches from her own. He breathed in deeply, his eyes glowing. "You reek of human," he said with a sneer. "Maybe I'm wrong about you. Maybe Conall should have left you for dead at the bottom of the sea."

Maleficent's eyes shifted to the handsome warrior fey. So it had been Conall who had carried her across the sea and to this place. She couldn't help wondering... why? Shaking his head, Borra pulled back. "No," he went on, his tone threatening. "It's in there, isn't it? It's inside you." Once again, he moved closer, his eyes dark and menacing.

Diaval frowned and said. "Borra's pushing his luck."

Jane nervously twisted her hands. "I hope Maleficent can recover quickly. She shouldn't have to deal with such hostility while she's injured. But Conall seems like he genuinely wants to help her."

Fairy Godmother shook her head in disapproval. "Borra's actions are deplorable. Maleficent needs healing and support, not coercion. Conall's care is a step in the right direction, but trust will be hard-earned."

Borra ignored the glares from audiences, he didn't care about them.

While Mal gave Conall a small smile, which Conall noticed and returned.

Reflexively, Maleficent raised her hand. A thin stream of green magic pooled at her fingertips, and then, with a flick of her hand, she sent it right at Borra. It hit him square in the chest, slamming him into the far wall. Maleficent, drained from the small use of her magic, dropped to the ground, panting.

Borra smiled wickedly where he lay. Maleficent had done just what he had hoped: given a demonstration. She had shown everyone there how powerful she was, even in her current state. "You see?" he said proudly. "There is evil in her heart. And that is what will save us all."

"She needs to heal," Conall said, his calm voice oddly comforting to Maleficent.

Borra nodded. "You will help her, Conall," he said. "And when she is ready, we go to war." His message delivered, Borra flew off.

Mal glared at Borra and said,"You talking about my mother as if she is not something living, and is some weapon to be used at your convenience."

Borra gave nod and replied, "I know, I am sorry about that.", he only acknowledged Maleficent's second daughter. He will never consider Aurora as one of Moors, he was happy when Maleficent separated Moors and Aurora was unable to enter Moors at the time. Also, he will definitely won't allow her to stay in Moors as Queen again.

The others waited a moment before they, too, disappeared into the depths of the Nest. Only Conall remained. He made his way to Maleficent, then stopped in front of her. He reached out a hand to help her up, but she pushed him away. His eyes lingered on her wound, which, due to her exertion, had reopened and was oozing thick black blood.

Self-conscious, Maleficent touched her bandaged wound. Perhaps she had been quick-and wrong-to push him away so forcefully. "It was you who saved me?" she asked. Conall nodded. He turned to go and then looked back at her.

Everyone expect Ingrith was worried about Maleficent, Mal seeing the wound reopen and black blood seeping out was worried about her mother and held her mother's hand tightly. While Maleficent whispered to her,"I am okay, nothing will happen to me."

While Conall seeing this spoke up,"Do not worry she is safe, the wound is not deep."then Conall keeping an eye on Mal added,"Mal you might want to focus on the next part, since it is related to your bloodline and lineage."

Mal hearing this was curious, everyone else felt the same.