1 Spoonful of Meetings

˖˚⋅𓐐 ˚₊⋅𓌉◯𓇋 ˖˚⊹ 𓎩 ‧₊˚

You released your Mudsdale from the heavy cargo she was carrying, letting her roam free and rest for a while.
You'd been walking for hours, and even knowing that your partner pokémon could keep going for entire days, you on the other hand, could not.

The giant horse turned to look at you. You run your hand through the beautiful braided mane, and provided some well deserved head scratches.

—Good job Muddy! Who's a good girl? Who's a good girl?— you ruffled her affectionately, your voice higher than normal, like whenever you're talking to a cute pokémon or praising your own— Go do your thing m'kay? There's a river just downhill if you're thirsty. I'll get something to eat for us.

The Mudsdale neighed, then trotted towards the water.

—Don't wander too far!

Not that your needed to tell her. She was smart and very well behaved. You'd had her since she was a Mudbray, freshly hatched from her egg, and raised her with all the love you had to give.
She would never abandon you, and you would never abandon her.
Besides, even if she were to run away, you could probably catch up, as she was still quite slow and heavy, and you were quite quick on your feet.
But that wouldn't be necessary.

You took some berries from the trees around you, saving the biggest ones for your partner and some smaller ones for youself.
With your hands full, you returned to were you'd left your carriage, leaving the pile of berries on the grass.

You didn't have much to fill your stomach, but at least your buddy could have a feast worthy of the bestest of girls. She had a pretty big appetite.

Later, while your behemoth of a partner devoured her fruit and some grass, you stuck to a mere chorizo al pan, still hungry after finishing it.

Mudsdale side-eyed you, pretending to be concentrated on her grazing, but you could feel her judging you for your pathetic excuse of a meal.
She kicked a tree with her hind legs, almost destroying the trunk. She acted as if it was an accident, but seeing the many berries that fell to the floor, ones that your height wouldn't allow you to reach, you knew her true intentions.

—Muddy, bud! You have to be more careful when moving, haha! Wow, look at all these berries! Damn, we can't carry this much. I guess we're gonna have to eat them, huh?

You nudged her side with your elbow, biting into the fruit and handing her one too.
She took it reluctantly, but glad to see you eat nonetheless.

—Anyway, let's keep moving. We have stuff to deliver.

You hopped on the pokémon's back after securing your cargo to her again, and started walking.

Things were calm for a while, with the sun reflecting on the bodies of water, and the wind messing up the hair that peeked from underneath your hat, making it dance in the air along with the flying petals of many flowers.

That was when you heard distant screaming.

—MUDSDALE! THAT WAY!

You both rushed to the aid of whoever that was. You didn't know if you'd be of much help as you weren't much of a fighter, but you could at least offer medicine and a ride if they happened to be hurt.

Galloping at full speed you reached the origin of the yelling. A guy with long hair, seemingly around your age was desperately running away from a very pissed off pair of Talonflame, that had no problem surpassing his speed.
You jumped off your horse and quickly detached the carriage, pulling it yourself so you could allow Mudsdale to move without restrictions.