11 Grams of Goodnights

˖˚⋅𓐐 ˚₊⋅𓌉◯𓇋 ˖˚⊹ 𓎩 ‧₊˚

The pink haired boy tapped away on his phone, liking and commenting on every cute fairies his social media feed spat at him, a few celebrities and mechanic related videos mixed inbetween. He skipped down the marble stairs of his luxurious house, and bolted out the backyard door, the maids and other staff not even batting an eye at their young master, having grown used to him cheking on the giant horse every 20 minutes or so.

He put the device away and approached the Mudsdale, that roamed freely around the flower garden, much to the gardener's desdain. Thankfully, the pokémon made sure not to step on or knock any plants over with her enormous body, especially since it was dark.

—Muddy!— Ortega smiled, her attention shifting to him— _____ said he's coming!

She responded with a neigh, tired and impatient, as if saying "finally!". She had been waiting for quite a few hours after all.

Speaking of you, your silhouette made it's way to them. The doors having been open for you, as you were well known by everyone in the mansion.

—Guess who's back from his definitely-not-date!— you cheered, getting closer and more visible to the other two.

—_____!— the shorter boy greeted you excitedly, although that feeling was quickly replaced when he spotted your lack of certain clothing— Boy, where is your shirt?

In response, you raised the half burnt piece of cloth that you held in your hand: —Long story, don't ask.

—After knowing you for this long I've grown scared to do so. But, whatever! Spill! How was the date?

You told him everything about your time with Arven, save for the more recent events of the night, you weren't quite sure if you had Arven's permission to talk about the titans, and you weren't going to risk it. It felt a little off not to tell Ortega all the details, like you usually did. You had been friends for a long time now, having bonded through your shared interest in, well, men, ever since the very first time he used your delivery service to sneak some pastries into his room at unholy hours. You were the only one descrete enough to do so, as per his words, as you'd climb to the ledge of his window while Mudsdale waited for you, hidden outside. And you hadn't been caught to this day. 

Most of your conversations with Ortega were over the phone (whenever you had coverage, that is), as you were always traveling around from one end of Paldea to the other, sometimes even to the neighboring region of Kalos, although not often. So it was nice to be able to talk to him face to face.
And while you knew he was always there for you, you couldn't help but feel like something was missing, like someone was missing, even with him around, you still felt lonely. You hated yourself for having that feeling. Ortega was an amazing, caring friend,  and you were such an asshole for feeling as if he wasn't enough, weren't you. You were so, so very sorry. Yet you never voiced that to him.

The shorter boy escorted you and your partner pokémon to the entrance, chatting along the way, telling you about friends of him that you had never met. They sounded like a lively bunch.

—Are you sure you don't want to sleep here?— he suddenly blurted out— We have extra rooms. I'm certain an actual bed would be pretty comfortable for a change..

He often offered you to stay for the night, as he was very much aware of your situation, but, like you often also did, you rejected it. You hated feeling like a nuisance, like you were taking up space. That was another thing you never told him. He would yell at you for thinking that about yourself.

He pouted and crossed his arms, a worried expression on his face as he tapped his foot on the ground.

—Fine. Just, be careful, okay!?— he jumped— People care about you, you know? The doors are always open for you if you change your mind.

—Don't worry, Ortie. I'll be alright.

And with that said, you carried your wagon out and left, Muddy following close behind.

You set a precarious camp somewhere in the area. Mudsdale seemingly choosing to sleep while standing up this time.
You layed on the soft grass, resting your head on your arm, and left Arven a message as promised. He replied almost immediately with an audio. You clicked play, curious, and although you didn't know what to expect, what you heard was... truly something.
A single, unintelligible syllable cut short by the sound of a loud thud, then quiet swearing and barking in the background, and then it just cut off.

You were typing a very confused reply when another text popped up on the screen.

[ Good Looks Good Cooks ]

I DIDBT MRANT
TO SENF THAT
23:42

lmao what was that
23:42 ✔✔

I DROPPED MY
PHONE SORRY
23:43

Mabostiff wanted
to say good night
23:43

aw hes such a
good boy
23:43 ✔✔

give him a gn pet
for me
23:43 ✔✔

Will do!
23:44

and a gn kiss for u
23:44 ✔✔

...
23:45

I freaking hate you.
23:45

gn arvy 😚😚
23:45 ✔✔

damn i dont even
get a gn back

23:46 ✅

brutal 😔
23:47 ✅

Arven covered his face with the back of his hand, shivering, hiding from you as if you could see him. Pink blush spread all around his face as he read your message again and again, his wifi off so you wouldn't think he was still online. But there he was, laying on his bed, rolled up in his blanket, his dog curled into a ball next to his feet, all lights off with the exception of his phone's bright screen, displaying your conversation.

What would a goodnight kiss be like, he pondered. Did he want to know even, or would such warm touch feel alien to him; would he melt with the softness of it, go to sleep feeling warm and soothed, or would it keep him up all night, taken aback by such an unfamiliar gesture. Why, he questioned, running circles in his head, why could he only picture you and you alone, even when he desperately tried to replace your image with someone else's.

He must be losing his mind.

Yes, yes, that was it. He was going crazy.

That was surely it.

˖˚⋅𓐐 ˚₊⋅𓌉◯𓇋 ˖˚⊹ 𓎩 ‧₊˚

Ortega 🤝 MC
           men

university just started for me and im already fucked lmao