𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐳𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐳𝐞. She crawled across it as fast as she could, holding onto it in fear anytime it felt like she was gonna go plummeting down towards the Earth. Kyra tried her best to ignore how high off the ground she currently was, but it's definitely hard. She wasn't even typically scared of heights in the first place, but this put her at her wits end for certain.

Once she got in a close enough range, the man gently grabbed her by the waist and brought her safely into his building. Kyra didn't know who he was, but she knew he was a nice enough guy to rescue some strangers from another place. She stood upright in the apartment, relieved to be on the actual ground and not that ladder.

"Sam, come on!" She yelled from the other side. There wasn't any time to focus on the fact they'd just kissed. Kyra had to act like everything was normal, or as normal as it could be given the circumstances.

The eldest Carpenter visibly hesitated, having the biggest fear of heights imaginable. Her dark chocolate brown eyes were wide in horror as she eyed the blonde from the other side. Slowly, she began to climb onto the unstable ladder, the guy holding it down with his muscular arms.

"It won't hold me!" Sam gasped, her lower lip beginning to tremble.

"Yes, it will." Kyra said determinedly. "I won't let you fall, I promise."

"You got this, come on," The guy next to her added encouragingly. Sam crawled across the ladder carefully, the fear evident on her face.

"She's losing a lot of blood!" Kyra heard Mindy shout from the inside.

"Say something more positive!" Was Anika's weakened response.

There were a few moments where it looked like Sam was going to lose her balance to which Kyra closed her eyes. She didn't have it in her to watch the woman she loved inevitably fall to her death. But luckily the woman resteadied herself, gripping onto the ladder so tight that her knuckles were turning a pearly white.