Chapter 5

*Rythian’s POV*

I hated feeling so useless inside this cage, but I felt better knowing Zoey was now safe. I glance over at her father. I hadn’t even considered she might be a halfling.

“Tell me, Enderborn, what would you say if I told you I have a Screaming Blade?” Her father says directing his attention to me.

I narrow my eyes. “I would say that is impossible, there is only one in existence and I have it.” I growl in response.

He laughs and Zoey looks at me worriedly. “What if I said I duplicated it?”

I clench my fists. “That’s not possible.” I say again. It couldn’t be true could it?

“Ah but it is.” He backs away to a button on the wall, when he presses it, a sword comes out. A second Screaming Blade. He takes it in his hand and walks back over to me, causing me to wince. Just having it close hurt. “I heard this was the most… effective way to kill an Enderman.” He looks up at me. “Or an Enderborn.”

Zoey steps in front of her father so she’s in between my cage and him. “I said I won’t let you hurt him!” She hisses but I can hear her voice crack.

“Step aside, Zoeya, this should be quick.”

The two blazes come back into the room and yank me out of my cage. The keep my arms twisted behind my back as they push me to my knees. “Any last words?”

*Zoey’s POV*

I couldn’t just watch him be killed. All in one moment a dizzy feeling washes over me, and I can’t tell what it is.  “Wait!” I shout and my father turns to me. I couldn’t let Rythian die by my father’s hand. It wasn’t fair. “Let me do it.”

Rythian’s eyes widen and my father smiles at me. “You wish to kill the Enderborn?” He asks in surprise.

I nod and meet Rythian’s violet eyes. “Zoey?” He asks sounding hurt and confused. I had only heard him sound like that one other time, and I hated it.

“Yes, I want to be the one to kill him.” I say firmly though I can feel my frame shaking slightly.

“Very well.” My father says and laughs. “I knew you were my daughter.” He steps away from Rythian and hands me the Screaming Blade.

“Zoey.” Rythian says less uncertainly but more questioning.

I stare at him, gripping the sword tightly. “I’m sorry.” I whisper.

            Before I can change my mind, I strike.

******

Author's Note: Sorry this chapter is really short but I wanted to leave it here because I'm evil >:D