Questions From The Audience: Part Two

The crowd applauded and To Be Named At A Later Date exchanged high fives and massive beaming cheers.

"God that one is so gorgeous. The composition is flawless, the voices are flawless. Ah, young love."

"And the toxicity that comes with it," Jasmin interjected. "There's no such thing as a perfect relationship apparently."

Steven could almost see the triple fusions internal turmoil over it.

Sardonyx smiled hesitantly but picked it back up quickly. "I... suppose you're right! Steven!"

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Pick an audience member, we're going to get really up and personal! Told you those commercials and weekend show prices were worth it!" She laughed while the crowd began jabbering and gasping. Steven put Connie in his spot and squinted into the lights.

"Gee, Sards, think you could get Jasper to stop blinding me so I can see?" It moved just slightly so it wasn't directly burning into his retinas and he edged along the stage, peering into the far back thinking they might be skipped over unfairly. "Uh, you in the way back, our pink band shirt, around 5'6? Brown hair."

They gasped and clutched at their friends shirt as a second spotlight illuminated them. "I'm obsessed with your TokToks! But what exactly does the last one mean?"

Steven glanced back at the crew and they shrugged. Alex should've known, but he was in his own world reading again. "Which one?"

"Veronika! Open the, open the door please–,"

"Veronika open the door!" To his utter surprise the audience joined in, the single voice joined by hundreds more. It never failed to make him smile to see people sing, and more than that that their particular fanbase had a habit of being incredibly dramatic. Apparently, TBNAALT (or Tibnalt)  was widely known as theatre kid-core, even though they didn't ever cover any. They acted as they sang just like the band did and it was so silly and amazing that he backed up a bit to catch the whole audience in his gaze. Behind him, his friends joined and so, he couldn't help but indulge in the moment too.

"Veronika, can we not fight anymore please? Can we not fight anymore?! Veronika, I know you're scared, I've been there. I can set you free! Veronika don't make me come in there," He let his voice carry above the others at the climax and chuckled as they cheered.

"So yeah. What was that all about? Normally you guys make TokToks with hidden messages..." They sounded strangely apprehensive suddenly and then it hit him.

A glance back to his friends made the flicker of a smile show before he masked it solemnly. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

Sardonyx sensed the drama and dove for it with vigor. "That's quite the intense song, Tibnalt. I've seen some of your whimsical TokToks and they do tickle me, but your last one was uncharacteristically dark. Both figuratively and literally. I've got it pulled up by my technician, let's take a look and then we'll have two more questions before the conclusion of Sardonyx Tonight."