True Love

"So you guys made a song for me?" Alex's dry tone did not match how he really felt about it. On the outside, the side he was currently showing to his friends, he looked and sounded bored as all Hell.

As usual, it never deterred them.

Connie giggled and tugged on his varsity jacket. "Come on, Doll. You let me dress you so pretty today. It's for you."

He rolled his eyes and pushed her off of him. "Your feminine wiles won't work on me, heathen. I'm gay."

A switch of tactics was had and suddenly the main four banes of his existence were all crouched around him with Steven in the middle cradling his hips with his powerful hands.

"Would you do it for us?" Jacob asked in a baby-ing tone that made Alex want to punt him to Africa. "Would the dolly let us serenade him for Valentine's day?"

Alex scoffed away the fluttering. "Aren't you fuckers supposed to be with your spouses for Valentine's day? This is supposed to be my day off from being the outlet."

They all shook their heads and laughed.

"No, no we've had this planned for a while. Don't make us just pick you up and force you there," Adam told him. "I'm small, but I can take you."

Hazel nodded quickly. "Yeah, he can take you."

"You'll have to carry me," Alex told them with a lift of his hand to the heavens.

"God he reminds me of Jamie," Connie muttered.

"Right?" Steven replied while trying to keep a straight face as he listed his demands.

"I would also like a heated blanket to my preferred temperature, and a glass of half sweet iced tea with lemon. So my usuals."

Steven just tossed him over his shoulder and they crowded down the stairs while he limply hung there and complained. "Ah! Alex, cut that out!" He readjusted as Alex poked his ticklish side again and he lost his advantage.

Normally, the booth had a bunch of Steven and Adam's software. There were now thousands of buttons and dials that only the two could understand fully it seemed. Computers, beat pads, microphones, speakers, you name it, Steven Universe kept it in their recording booth.

So, it was fairly surprising when it was all gone and upon the table sat a blanket plugged into an outlet. Fairylights of every color of the rainbow like the band wore were decorated across the wall in symbols he could only guess were theirs:

A pink rose for Steven.

A blue sword for Connie.

A red gun for Jasmin.

A green mask for Jacob.

A yellow ankh for Hazel.

A purple moon for Adam.

A rainbow star for Anna.

And right over where he was supposed to sit, like on the ceiling, was a turquoise camera. He walked in a bit more and noticed candles in exactly far enough away from the sides to not be in his way, but add to the atmosphere. An entire pitcher of Iced Tea sat in the mini fridge, freshly iced with lemon pieces floating in the beverage.

He wanted to whirl on them and tell them they were the dumbest people on the planet for going out of their way to do this for such a terribly mean person, but they were already gearing up.

They looked thrilled, and maybe even a bit shy about what was coming. They talked and laughed in barely audible voices, rearranging themselves into their relationships and checking tags they'd put on the mics to make sure it was theirs.