Steven and Connie: Dynamic Check

Connie skipped into the kitchen and started making herself a protein shake. A single hair not dare be out of place lest it suffer her cheerful wrath. Her outfit hugged her curves more provocatively than usual in her air of confidence. She looked put together as always. Nothing was out of the ordinary.

Enter stage left: Steven, disheveled and starry eyed as he trudged in a few seconds after her and watched her put together ingredients. As opposed to Connie, every hair was out of place it seemed, and no one in retrospect would be able to figure out how he'd managed to put on his button up backwards.

Connie hummed one of their duet songs as she worked and all the hybrid could do was stare as he fell in love with her over and over and over and—

"You... you good, bro?" Jacob asked with a tiny smirk. "You... look..." He squinted and pressed his fist against his lips. "You look like..."

"Like you broke out of a mental hospital."

Steven didn't respond to Adam's ragging right away, he took his time admiring every curve and dip of every part of her. Their eyes met briefly. Her knowing, scalding brown-black eyes made his cheeks burn a glowing sort of pink. "What'd you say?"

"He's in his own universe. Poor kid got his world rocked this morning apparently." Hazel tsked Connie with a wag of his finger. "Shame on you, Connie."

"No shame over here," She chirped. "Might wanna check on that jealousy though."

Steven watched her blend that damn smoothie like she was creating the universe with her bare hands. He slumped against the doorframe for a long while after she was done before he was asked again if he was okay.

His eyes darted around for a moment as he tried to string together a coherent thought. "We're getting married in three weeks."

"Oh, really?" Her voice was calm but her actions gave her excitement away. They were adults now, so she had no qualms about when. Connie dropped her smoothie onto the coffee table, thankfully not into an explosion rather than a few drops spilling over.

"Okay, the tea needs to spill. What the fuck did she do to you?"

Steven blew out a long breath and tented his eyebrows. A shaky finger raised to point at her as his lips parted to say, "I used to think I was a freak. A real freak, not a dollar store motherfucker, approximately..." He shimmied his hand through the air, "Around three hours ago?"

"And then?" Alex prompted.

"I had no idea what I was talking about. Connie Maheswaren is the naughtiest bitch in the world, holy shit." He sank down the doorframe until he was sitting on the floor.

They all turned to Connie, who smiled graciously. "Don't fight battles you can't win. He ran his mouth, so I shut him up."

"Respect. I haven't seen him this broken since Nova."

Steven snorted. "I'm not broken again, Jacob. And I'm serious. We're getting married in three weeks. You know what? Make it one."

"One week? Steven, that's insane!" Anna exclaimed as her inner party planner sprung from its dormancy. "There's budgeting for wedding decor, you'll need a DJ you trust, there's invites to send out, tuxes to buy, dresses to buy, wedding dresses to buy–,"

"I have the dress covered," He interrupted. "Don't care if it's crazy. If she did to you what she just did to me, you'd marry her on the spot and I'd let you."

"You have my wedding dress picked out? Thank the stars." Connie flopped over onto Hazels lap and sighed. "If there's no dress shopping, let's do it."

Steven cheered weakly, still dazed from their time together. "I promise I'll be able to emote better later, but I'm so mind fucked I can't hardly remember my name."

"Teach us your ways, Grand Master." Jasmin and Anna joke worshipped her while the ebony woman soaked it all up.

She motioned them closer and whispered in their ears for around 15 seconds. The more she talked, the further their jaws dropped.

"Connie, you might be a succubus."

She shrugged. "I wouldn't call it that–,"

"You have literally canceled Stevens ability to be excited about a wedding. His wedding. To you!"

"Steven, come on and get over here. Everyone thinks I murdered you."

He lumbered over slowly, cheeks now blotchy as he dropped to his ass on the floor in front of her, rattling the commons a bit. "Rub my head." He grabbed a hand and placed it on his curls.

"See? He's still a needy little baby~," She cooed.

"I swear to fucking god Connie I will knock you up right here, right now."

"Steven! We wanted to wait!"

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her off the couch onto his lap. "Then act like we're waiting."

"I think Connie fucked the subby right out of him," Jacob remarked as he stood. "I'm rolling, any takers?" When everyone raised their hand he sighed. "Fuck it, I'll get a bong."

"Jacob, don't say such terrible things!" Connie covered Steven's ears and fake glared at him.

The impish man grinned. "So a bowl?"

"You're not this stupid in real life."

He smirked and walked off, tittering to himself.

"He might be right." Steven sunk his teeth into her shoulder until she squealed. He examined it as everyone pointed and laughed at her red face. "Pretty."

"Connie! You make the cutest sounds!" Jasmin leaned over to bite her too, enticing another lower groan.

"Hands off my food. Ya fucking vultures," Steven grinned and playfully batted away the stray hands reaching for her. "And you." He wrapped his freehand around her waist and sighed deeply. "We're going back to Hell."

"He means the bedroom."

"Yeah, we got that. Have fun!"