Chapter five part 1

"... They don't know we're coming, so all three northern passes will be wide open." Octavia explained pointing at the map. I let her take the lead. I don't nessicarily agree with this war. It could end up ruining the land, but i'll stand by Octavia's side no matter what. 

But the village will be forfified. Where's the water source?" Octavia asked the man standing to her right. I stopped learning people's name after a year in the bunker. It was easier, if they ended up dying it wouldn't hurt as bad. 

"Here," he pointed. 

"Why? What are you thinking?" Indra asked. 

"My question exactly" Clarke said walking in. 

"Miller, your orders were to go-" Cooper, one of the few names I learned, got cut off my Miller. 

"I know my orders. I think we should listen to what Clarke had to say."

Octavia gave Clarke a nod, signalling for her to speak. 

"You can't take the sea route."

"Why?" Indra asked. "You said the sea is gone. Is it passable or not" 

"Yes, maybe. But you have to understand-" 

 "Maybe's good enough for me. Let's move out" Octavia said going to move around her. 

Bellamy comes in and block the door. Everyone points their guns at him. I pull out Lexa's sword  "O.."

"Stand down" Octavia said after a minute. Everyone put their guns down. I stayed in my same position. Clarke gave me a look.

"Please, O, just hear us out."

"Octavia, we're all on the same team." Clarke started, "no one wants to get to that valley more than me. It's my home. But this way is too risky."

"Risky how?" Indra asked.

"Show me." Octavia commanded. 

They  walked over to the map. "You chose the shortest route, which makes sense, but the dry seabed is hit by almost constant sandstorms."

"We have the tents from the second dawn. Sand won't be a problem." Octavia responded. Unless it's not just sand, I thought to myself. 

"It's not just sand." Clarke explained. I called it. "Some of it crystallized in Praimfaya. I'm talking shards of glass like razor blades. Your tents will be torn to shreds and so will you" So will who? 'Cause not me. 

"Blodreina is right." Cooper's annoying voice spoke up. I never really liked cooper, I don't know why Octavia gave her so much power. "Besides we can only carry rations for 7 days. The sea route will take 6. The next shortest path adds 50 miles. That's two days if we're lucky."

"How do you know there won't be sandstorms on the longer routes?" Indra asked a reasonable question. 

"Enough." Octavia said before Clarke could answer. "We're doing this. The hydrofarm is barely feeding us now, so if this is the last living valley on Earth, then it should be ours."

"Diyoza thinks the same thing." Bellamy commented. 

"And so we fight." Everyone started to gather your things to leave. As I go to walk past Clarke she grabs my arm. 

Everyone who didn't yet leave again raised their guns. I put my hand up signaling for them to lower their weapons, then I point towards the door signaling for them to leave. 

"You didn't say anything back there, you don't agree with this fight do you?" She asked. 

"I agree with Octavia. If this is what she thinks is best..." I shrugged.