Seeing you with their child after they have cheated on you part 2

Mattheo Riddle

Ever since Mattheo knew that you had a child, his child, he couldn't let go. He had found out where you lived.

He had come with a huge bunch of flowers, apologized and begged you to listen to him. He made it clear to you that he wasn't begging you to come back to him, but that he at least wanted to build a relationship with his daughter and be the father she deserved.

A better father than his ever was, or ever could've been.

After all, he had already missed four years of her life, four years too much.

He wanted to blame you because you hadn't told him. He wanted to be angry with you, insult you and curse you for never sharing such important information with him.

But no matter how much he wanted to, he couldn't. He knew he was the asshole in this story. He knew that if he had treated you the way you deserved, you would never have kept it from him.

Yes, it was his own fault. The feelings he had for you had gotten out of hand, so strong that he knew he would lose his mind if you left him. You'd had a little argument that night and he'd tried to distract himself with alcohol and drugs.

The girl he had spent weeks with because of a joint school project, and who had always been very nice to him, had taken this chance.

While Mattheo had always reassured you that she was just his project partner and you didn't need to worry about her, she had been keeping an eye on Mattheo the whole time.

The night he went completely off the rails was the night she took the chance she had been waiting for. She flirted with him mercilessly, touching him again and again until he finally gave up fighting her off and simply gave himself to her. Yes, she had seduced him and yet Mattheo knew with absolute certainty that it was still his fault.

You didn't deserve that. He didn't deserve you.

Even if it hurt, he didn't want to beg you to come back to him. He tried back at Hogwarts without any chance already, and he knew that wouldn't be fair. Deep down, he hoped that there might be an opportunity to mend things at some point, but for now he wanted to make contact and build a relationship with the daughter he hadn't known about.

At some point you were so annoyed and tired of Mattheo's constant begging that you finally allowed him to do so. At first, he was allowed to come over twice a month and play with her.

Over time, when you saw that he was excellent with her, he was allowed to come over more often, and then finally to even take her with him for the weekend.

And at some point, shared parenting became the norm.

You still didn't like having contact with Mattheo, and it was unusual that it wasn't just you and her anymore. You missed her when she was with her father for the weekend.

But it also gave you a chance to get your social life back on track a little, now that you had some free time between work, appointments and raising the kid.

And so, it wasn't long before a handsome, charming man invited you to dinner one day.

It was supposed to be your weekend, but you knew that your daughter loved going to her father's and that Mattheo loved having her around, so you asked him to take her, and he agreed.

He was at your door on time. His mouth was open as you greeted him all dolled up. You looked incredibly gorgeous. Not that Mattheo didn't know you were a beauty, but he hadn't seen you like this for a long time.

He was sure his heart skipped a beat. It took him a moment, but while your daughter was still putting on her shoes and no longer needed any help, he took the opportunity to ask.