Designated happiness

One day after going to the hospital. The police had already taken down a description of what Damien looks like and his vehicle and most of what had happened.

I got a phone call. It was Ethan. I cried, hearing his voice again. I still wasn't sure if he was in danger, but either way, I was so happy to hear his voice and to know that he was alright. I warned him that I had no information on Damien's whereabouts, and he might be after him. Ethan asked me, confused who Damien was, and followed his question by asking if that was the guy who had stalked me. I had completely forgotten to explain to him what happened. I tried my best to explain to him everything that happened and told him he was in danger. He needed to get some sort of weapon and go into hiding or at least live on the low. Ethan asked me what would happen to me, what if he comes back. I don't know, but I can't risk anything. I'm as safe as I can be in the hospital, I explained to him. He told me he had to go and that he would call again tomorrow. I asked him if he could ever visit me, and he told me the hospital was around a 7 hour drive and that he would try, but he wasn't sure if he could.

We said our goodbyes. It was a pain to let go of the phone. I wanted to keep talking. Just to hear his voice was comforting. I had no visitors except for cops trying to get as much information as I could possibly tell them and nurses that went in and out, checking to see if I was even alive.
I gave the police officers descriptions of the road, the forest and the cabin, etc.
One of the nurses said my leg would be healing faster now and that there was no infection, but I would have a big scar on my leg. I was fine with that as long as I could walk and run again.

- - -

Day four in the hospital. They said I would be discharged tomorrow. My leg is doing much better, and Ethan has called me every day checking up on me and giving me updates. He was going to have cameras installed at his house.
He decided it would be best I stayed with him for now. He would also pick me up tomorrow after I would be discharged.

- - -

Day five in the hospital. I was discharged from the hospital finally, but I would have to get my leg checked and banged changed and whatnot after a while. I waited for Ethan to come. I waited a while when I finally, I saw his car. I could feel my stress levels going down having confirmation that he was okay.
He got out of the car, and we hugged for a minute as I started to cry.
I was so happy and relieved  to see he was okay. He told me there was no sign of Damien. He must have fled somewhere remote again.

The car ride was long, but we talked the whole ride. I became the designated DJ. Switching from radio to Spotify to just talking. I felt joy for the first time in what felt like forever. We arrived, and he had put up a banner welcoming me home. There was supposed to be cake, he told me, but his roommates must've eaten it because he never even got a glimpse of it after he took it home.