chapter three, leave me alone

tw: abuse

Lyla Lynch knew she was in deep shit. She knew when she was on the way home, she knew when snuck inside her house, and she definitely knew when she saw her dad waiting for her in the kitchen.

Lyla gave him a short smile, and tried to slip past him to go upstairs. But nothing was that easy. A large hand clamped around her upper arm. Lyla gasped in fear.

"Dad what are you doing?" Lyla cringed at the smell of alcohol on his breath.

"You and your sister! Both little cunts. I've always known it." Teddy Lynch yelled in Lyla's face

Lyla shuddered, "Dad I didn't do anything. I swear."

"Fucking whore." A stinging sensation sent Lyla's head forcefully to the left. She felt tears welling in her eyes.

"Dad get off me." Lyla began to cry.

"I know you were with a fucking boy." He screamed slapping her again.

"Dad please!" Lyla sobbed backing away from him.

A loud slam of the door startled both of them, Joey stormed in and shoved their dad off of Lyla.

"Get the fuck upstairs." He turned around to tell Lyla.

Lyla didn't say anything, just cried quietly while running up the stairs.

She slammed her door shut in anger, not bothering to turn on the light, she fell onto her bed letting out a harsh sob.

She hated her dad so much, she thought to herself. She wouldn't care if he was dead, and he made her more angry than anyone before has.

Lyla turned on her bed, trying to get some sleep, but knowing it was pointless.

She thought of Gibsie, and it gave her a momentarily flash of comfort.

She thought long and hard about him, and came to a conclusion.

Her dad had beat her tonight because of the fact that she was with him, Lyla didn't know how he knew, but he did.

So Lyla only came up with one answer, make Gibsie leave her alone.

She couldn't deal with the pressure of keeping him a secret, also of what her dad would continue to do to her.

Lyla woke up and her room was bright, which was not a good sign. She shot up, to look at her alarm clock.

It was half past ten, she was supposed to leave like an hour ago. Lyla internally cursed Shannon, why wouldn't she wake her up?

Lyla quickly through on her uniform and brushed her hair, running through her empty house. The kids were with Nanny, and her parents were both out.

Lyla slammed open her door, and ran to the bus stop. She had to make the late bus or else she would be out of luck.

The bus had just arrived and Lyla thanked the heavens, she slipped onto the bus and sat alone near the back. She prayed her school wouldn't call her parents since she was late.

The bus slowly pulled up towards the bus stop near Tommen, Lyla thanked the bus driver and ran all the way to the entrance of Tommen.

Lyla walked inside trying to catch her breath after running, and she realized that it was lunch time. She slipped into the lunchroom and made a beeline for her table. But a strong body stopped in front of her.

"Lynch, why are you late?" A familiar voice said looking down at her.

Lyla cursed herself for being put in this solution, "Oh Gibsie." She whispered, "Um just slept in is all."