A sad story

3 months after Seph and Leo arrived at camp

   "Seph, watch out! Behind you!" Leo called out while he was fighting his own opponent in capture the flag. Seph spun around and kicked her attacker square in the chest causing them to fall backwards. She held her sword at their neck, they surrendered, like they always did.

  Clarisse La Rue, Sephs best friend (besides Rose) since coming to camp, ran across their territory with the blue teams flag. Leo and Seph yelled in victory with everyone else, as Seph ran to hug her best friend. Clarisse enveloped her in a tight hug as they jumped together. Annabeth Chase, stood across from their territory, with a defeated look on her face.

   Seph only waved and smiled kindly to the younger girl. She was never close to her, but she had mutual friends. Seph was notoriously kind to everyone she met at camp, but had a small group of friends.

  Her twin brother, on the other hand, was effortlessly popular. He was funny, kind, and helpful. Not to mention nearly every girl in camp was in love with him. His boyish charm and mature face was enough to drive the girls wild.

  She glanced over at her brother and smiled brightly, he threw his fist in the air and smiled back. He began to approach the two friends before a group of Aphrodite daughters swarmed him. He rolled his eyes and Clarisse and Seph giggled.

   Clarisse stared off at Sephs twin, obviously a bit jealous. It was obvious that Clarisse had taken a liking to both twins, but especially Leo. She looked at the ground then glanced at him through her eyelashes. Sephs best friend was beautiful, with full lips and beautiful dark curly hair, and Leo knew that too.

   He looked over at her and smiled coyly. Clarisses cheeks exploded in red. Seraphina giggled and nudged her shoulder, before linking arms and walking back to U of cabins.

  Since being at camp, Leo and Seph were claimed as the only children of Hera, and have proved to be very powerful indeed. Each twin possessing different abilities and strengths.

  Leo had the ability of reading others' thoughts and emotions, increased strength and agility, oh- and he could also shapeshift into a large and beautiful lion on occasion. This was a special gift from their mother, as one of her sacred animals was a lion.

  Seraphina was immensely powerful. She could manipulate light and pure energy, possessed the ability of acute mind control, and was granted the gift of flight by using energy to create large wings on her back.

  Seraphina and Leo were known as some of the most powerful Demi-God children to ever come to camp, but that proved to be a curse.

Hera tried hiding her children from her husband for as long as she could, but Zeus was infuriated when he discovered their existence. Although Hera did not have an affair with Leo and Seraphinas father, and their conception was caused by Parthenogenesis, she was still reprimanded for having children to anyone besides her husband.

  This also proved controversial, because Zeus, Hades and Poseidon agreed to not have any more half mortal children. The other Gods argued that Hera's children would be just as powerful and should be forbidden as well.

  But it was too late, Seraphina and Leo were already nearly fully realized Demi-Gods. Other children of Zeus and Hera were incredibly jealous of their half-siblings abilities, especially Ares.

  After their game of capture the flag, Chiron approached the twins. He explained to them that in jealousy, Ares had stolen his mothers scepter and that their first quest would be to get it back.

  The twins were excited to prove themselves to their mother and their fellow campers, but their mission would prove to be fatal.

  Ares tricked the twins, his plan was not only to steal his mothers scepter, he wanted to take their lives. The twins fought the God with everything they had, but eventually only one twin had survived the battle.

  Seraphina arrived back at camp a few weeks after they had left, and had changed. She no longer smiled, she was no longer kind. Her twin brother had been brutally murdered before her eyes, and his body was carried away by the God who took his life.

   A gravestone was placed next to Thalias tree, with an engraving that read

Leo James Gold, 2007-2020
Loving brother, son and friend
Taken too soon