Simon says, but real life

The drive from Philadelphia to Nashville was a grueling 12 hours full of nearly complete silence. Although Seraphina believed everyone could hear her heart pounding the entire ride there.

Percy was knocked out for a majority of the ride, which didn't help Seraphinas stress. She noticed when he was alert and near her she was calmer. Hearing his voice, his annoying boyish tone, was somehow soothing.

She drummed her fingers on the bottom of the steering wheel and her eyes were locked on the sign in front of her reading Interstate 65 south to Nashville.

"What the fuck?" She heard Clarisse say. "What? Whats wrong?" Seph asked.

"The hair pin is shaking like crazy." Clarisse said, pulling the comb from her curls. "Ouch, damn!" She cursed, which awoke Percy.

"What is it?" Annabeth asked.

"Its burning hot, I can't even touch it." She said flicking it off the car seat onto the floor. The bright red gems glowed as the entire thing was vibrating.

"I think that means we're close." Grover suggested, looking a bit frightened. Seraphina gulped and her hands began shaking. She tried to grip the wheel as tight as she could to try to stop her tremors.

Percy placed a hand on her knee and she felt a wave of relief go through her entire body. She let out a breath that she must have been holding in the past few minutes.

He went to remove his palm but she grabbed it and held it there. "Not yet." She muttered quietly, she kept taking in deep breaths.

———————————————————————

The further they drove into the city, the more violent the pin shook. It wasn't until they drove past a long street of pubs and bars that the pins gems cracked and shattered across the floor of the car.

"I think that means we're right on the money." Annabeth cringed, hiding her eyes behind her arm to avoid the shards.

Seraphina parked alongside the street, and turned to face Clarisse. "The combs broken, it's up to you now to try to feel where Ares is." Seph said, and her best friend nodded before they all stepped out of the car.

Clarisse whipped her head around to across the street and pointed at a single pub with a sign that said The Stage on Broadway. "There." She exclaimed, Seraphinas stomach turned. She reached and grabbed Percy's hand before squeezing it tightly.

They began crossing the street and opened the front door. It was late, but there were only about 10 people inside. She glanced around the entire restaurant, until locking eyes with a familiar God.

She snarled. He threw back a shot of whiskey before slamming it down on the bar and laughed.

Seraphina approached the bartender and whispered something in his ear. "Alright, everybody out!" He shouted. After a rumbled of disappointed noises they flooded out the doors. The bartender escaped through a backdoor of the pub. Ares then went to stand up and grabbed his motorcycle helmet.

"Not you." She said. He laughed loudly.

"Hello, little princess." He taunted. She kept a straight face. "You brought me some more half-blood traitors to deal with, how sweet."

She pulled a chair from under a table and pushed it in his direction. "Why don't you take a seat." She suggested, in a threatening tone.

"I'd rather no-"

"Sit. Down." Seraphinas voice boomed. Her tone had a slightly different pitch then normal, it reminded Percy of how the Oracle would speak, almost ghastly.