Part 12

I stand at my front door with Thomas next to me. I can hear my heart beat in my ears and I take a deep breath.

Here goes nothing.

I ring the doorbell and I put my hand down by my side. If I could I would reach over and grab Thomas' hand to help calm me down but I made up those damn rules with him. The door opens quickly and I see my beautiful, blue eyed mom standing there.

“Sarah!!!” She extends her arms to me without even looking at Thomas. She holds me in her arms tightly and I almost feel as if I could cry. I take a deep breath in and I can smell her lavender shampoo. “Agh,’ She pulls away from me and holds me arms length distance in front of her. "You look beautiful..." She finally looks over to Thomas and her jaw falls open slightly. "Oh, My..." She looks back at me in disbelief. "Well,’ She lets go of me. "If I'll be damned! Look at this... Thomas van der Vlugt standing here in front of my house!" She throws her hands up and I giggle at her dutch accent. “Oh come here and give me a hug!" She wraps her hands around his neck and they hug.

“Pleasure to meet you, Ms. Amado." He smiles as he greets her.

“Oh, please. Call me Marijke.” She looks back at me and winks.

Well what the hell was that supposed to mean, Mom?

“Oh well, Come on in, you two! Sammy and Marco are in the livin’ room, the'd love to see you.” I nod my head and make it towards the living room. I turn the corner and see the two couches that I used to spend my entire summers on and then I see them sitting there on the sofa by the window. I slowly walk over to them and they look up at me.

"Mama,’ Sammy faintly calls out. "I think I see an angel." His words come out slow. He smiles at me and I look down to the ground.

“Hi, Bro." I give him a very big hug.

“Hi, Sis..." He smiles. I can feel Thomas presence behind me.

“Sammy, Dad, I'd like you to meet my friend, Thomas." I step back and they look up to Thomas.

“Well you're quite the handsome fellow." My dad reaches his hand up to shake his.

Thomas looks back at my mom “Now I know where Fleur, I mean Sarah gets all of her charm from..." He kisses the top of her hand softly.

Damn, that was smooth, Thomas.

“Oh, please..." My brother tells Thomas. "It's lovely to meet you. I love your videos."

"Nice to meet you too.” He smiles at him and he looks up to me.

“I like him already." my brother says. I smile.

“Alright, alright. Why don't we let them get settled?" My mom enters the room and shakes her head. "Long flight, I'm sure they're exhausted. I think Sarah didn't sleep well last night." She nods her head at me.

“I actually slept pretty great..." I look at Thomas. He gulps loud enough for me to hear.

"Me as well.” He chuckles quietly.

“Well, I'll show you around, Thomas." I say his name and smile. I like using his first name. Using his name formally can get annoying at times. "We'll be back, Ma.” I walk to the front door and grab my suitcase. Thomas follows closely and tries to grab it from me. "I got it." I smile at him.

“Alright.” He takes his suitcase and we walk up the stairs. I finally make it to the top and walk towards my room. I open the door and look around. It's simple. I didn't spend a ton of time in here when I was a teenager. There's a few pictures scattered around but the colors are plain. White and grey. Light blue walls. I always liked the walls. I set my suitcase in the corner of my room and I watch Thomas as he looks around. "I know it's boring. I wasn't a very decorative teenager..." I smile at the ground.