Part 9

POV Thomas:

I tense up and set my phone, screen facing down onto my lap. I wonder why she texted me... I'll read it later.

I lean my head back and try to think about other things. Today's taping of "De Drop" went well. Giel and Stefan made me laugh so much... I gotta tell that guy to cut it out. I smile to myself and bite my lip. The meeting went well... Lots of great ideas. I just work with the most talented people... Fleur without underwear on.

No, Thomas. You can't think about her while your sitting next to your wife.

Fleur straddled around me as I pushed her up against the wall.

Jeez... This girl. My mind wanders back to my phone. I have to know what she said. I stand up and walk to the kitchen.

“I'm getting some juice, you need anything hun?"

"No, Tho...” She's too immersed in that book to even notice my absence.

I walk over to the fridge and pull my phone out of my pocket. I unlock the home screen, open WhatsApp and read what she sent.

Thomas, I can't do this anymore. You and I both know this is beyond wrong and I can't handle you sometimes. Thank you for all of your time. Was a pleasure.

Fleur

All air escapes my mouth and my eyes start to tingle.

No.

I look up to make sure Lisa isn't watching me or anything and then I look back to the text.

“I can't handle you sometimes." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and feel my stomach turn. She can't leave me... No. I have to talk to her.

I close my phone, shove it into my pocket and walk back into the living room.

“Hey, Lisa... We are out of Orange juice and I just really want some. I'm going to run down to the Albert Heijn Supermarket on the corner. I'll be back in a few."

“Okay,’ She looks up from her book and extends her arm to me. For a split second I completely forget about Fleur. I smile at my beautiful wife and walk over to her. She has her lips puckered at me and I chuckle. I lean down and place my lips on hers. I feel her grab the back of my head and tug my hair a little. I pull away and she gives me a soft pat on the cheek. "Be careful."

“I always am." I smile at her, grab my coat and walk out the door.

I walk the stairs down to and as soon as I'm on the street, I call Fleur. I look up in front of me. There's almost no one out and its dark. The cold air blows and makes me shiver as I try and walk quickly. Fucking Amsterdams cold weather. This should have ended in January.

As it rings, I try and get into my different mode. I don't really know why but I like being controlling when I'm around her. For so long, people pushed me around and just didn't care about me. I was so used to being used. I had to make a change somewhere in my life. I couldn't be demanding at home with Lisa and I couldn't be that kind of person to the public and people at work know me too well... So when I met her, it just seemed to fit. She was young and stubborn and I could be my dominant self around her. She tolerates me. It was refreshing and fantastic. It made me feel better about myself. It actually made me feel like a stronger human being. Many years ago we even were best friends. We were best friends when we were kids.

Then it happened.

I've never been the kind to cheat but when it came to Fleur... I had to have her.

For so long, I got whatever I wanted, whenever. Then she came along and for almost two years, she was something I couldn't have. I couldn't stand it and I couldn't take it anymore.