Part 11

Ever since Thomas and my ice cream fight in my office, I've been unsure of everything. Don't get me wrong, that moment with him where we were both incandescently happy on the floor, smothered in ice cream was perfect but then right when I thought everything was great, he completely changed...

I'm probably overthinking it all but I can't help but linger on the thought that he might actually not even like me. I'm afraid he doesn't want me the way I want him. Obviously I want him for sex, that's not even a question but I want more. The way he went from completely beaming to dashing out the door two seconds later confuses me.

I like him. A lot. I let myself fall for him and now he might be having second thoughts? Is this a waste of my time? A waste of my feelings? I don't know what I'm feeling but I just wish this situation were simpler. It honestly makes me mad. Why does this have to be so complicated? Why does he have to be so complicated?

Thomas voice brings me out of my daze.

“Fleur,” My eyes shoot up to him. Shit. I forgot he was even talking to me. I look around and see all the whole team staring at me from around the table.

"Yeah?"

“Does my video idea sound okay to you?" He furrows his eyebrows and stares at me.

"Y Yeah. Um..." I clear my throat. "It's fine." I look back down to the table. I can still feel his eyes on me, always on me.

“Well we don't want ‘fine’. We want great." I slowly look back up to him. His voice is strong. The room is silent and I slightly roll my eyes.

"Want the honest truth?” I sit up and give him my full attention.

“Always.”

"I found it boring. After the first few lines I zoned out because it completely lost my attention... It was dull and unimaginative.” I hear a gasp come from Jochem to my left. "Must've lost your touch, Mr. vanderVlugt." I spit out as I lean back in my chair. That felt good. Taking my anger out on his idea felt fantastic. His facial expression is still hard and he tilts his head slightly.

“What exactly was ‘dull and unimaginative'’?" I can't tell if his feelings are hurt or not...

“The whole idea from the video It wasn't complex at all. I might think that it's boring... People like videos like this, people like some good pranks. What about making a whole prank series with Giels mom? And then we call it 'Viva la mam'."

"Very nice idea!" Giel says.

"You're saying I'm not intelligent?" Thomas looks a bit mad now and I let out a loud laugh. "What makes you think you're any better?"

“Oh, come on. Everyone here knows you're intelligent, don't take this personally. It just wasn't a good video idea." I roll my eyes again. He cocks his head to the side and clicks his tongue three times.

“Does anyone else feel that strong of an opinion about my idea?" He looks around the room and everyone remains quiet. I know everyone's thinking the same thing.

It sucked, Thomas. "Interesting..." He taps his pen on the table. “You seem to be overruled."

“You know what? Since you're going to be so neurotic about this, use your idea. Do what you want." I slam my laptop shut and look up to Giel who is sitting across from me. “May I be excused?" Giel looks nervously at Thomas and then looks back at me.

"Y Yeah, Fleur. Go ahead."

He nods his head at me and I walk out of the room, slamming the door behind me. I quickly stomp to my office and I feel like I could just explode. I open my office door and walk in quickly, letting it close behind me. I set my laptop down onto the desk and sit into my chair.