Part 13

“Morning mom!" I walk down the stairs and see my mom sitting on the couch reading a book.

"Oh, afternoon, hun! You sleep well?" She takes off her reading glasses and stares at me.

"Yes. I slept perfectly...” I adjust my pajama pants and sit at the bottom of the stairs. "What time is it?" I sleepily rub my eyes.

“Its almost noon, you two slept in late... Is Thomas still asleep?"

"I don't know... Probably..." I shrug my shoulders.

“You two sounded like you were havin’ fun last night. Hollerin' up a storm out in the fields." I try my best not to blush.

“Yeah... He makes me laugh."

“| can see that." We stare at each other and I feel like she's reading me. She's looking right through me with her piercing blue eyes.

“We're good friends, Mom."

"I know. I know..." She looks at me, sympathetically. Gosh why are Moms so intuitive? I feel like she can read all my thoughts.

“Okay!” I say awkwardly. Way to go, Sarah. "I'm going to go clean my room a bit and take a shower.”

“Alright, dear." I hear her laugh a little as I run up the stairs.

I grab the comb and run it through my wet, conditioned hair and sing the song that's been stuck in my head since I woke up this afternoon.

“I go crazy, crazy, baby, I go crazy
You turn me on
Then you're gone
Yeah you drive me crazy..."  I shake my hips a little and put the comb back on the shower rack. "Crazy, crazy, for you baby...

What can I do? Honey!!!" I spin around and see Thomas head poking out of the corner of my shower curtain. "Shit!" I scream as I jump back and try to cover my naked, wet body. "Thomas!" I scream whisper. He has a huge smile spread across his face. "What are you ?" I can't even finish my thought; I'm too freaked out.

"I didn't know you sang...” He bites his lip.

"Yeah, I don't... How long have you been standing there???" I step back away from him.

“Long enough...” He lets out a deep chuckle. I look down at my body.

“Thomas you can't be in here!! My mom and family are-"

“At the store." He smiles at me and then looks me up and down. "You look good wet."

"Thomas... | don't care if they're gone! I had rules. No sex."

“Who says I wanted sex?” He tilts his head and looks from my feet back up to my eyes. “May I join you?"

“Thomas...”

“No sex!" He defensively puts his hands up. "No sex. I promise... Even though it'll be hard." I think about it for a moment and bite my lip. I hear him growl a little. I look up and he's staring at my lip in between my teeth.

“Fine.”

“Yes!!! Okay hold on..." He puts the curtain back and I walk towards the stream of water.

I rinse out my conditioner and run my fingers through my hair. "Okay..." He pulls the curtain back and joins

me. Shit, he's butt naked. Obviously I know you have to be naked to take a shower but his forwardness took me by surprise. "Hi there..." He chuckles. I step back and let him get underneath the showerhead. "Thank you...”

I watch him as he rinses his hair and I watch the water run down his body. Damnnn. “Enjoying the view?" I didn't realize I was staring.

“Oh, uh..." I nervously look down at the white tub.