Part 10

If you ask me why I gave in and I couldn't give you the answer. I just couldn't. I told myself that it was over. I told myself that I couldn't do this anymore. I knew Thomas would be mad but at the time, how he felt was irrelevant to me. I just needed it to be over.

But then he called me and just... I can't even explain what he did but it made me change my mind. The fact that he admitted to me that he felt something more meant a lot to me. I think we both went into this thinking that sex would be enough but in the end that never is. You begin to think about their eyes and their smile while you two are apart and then you begin to wonder what side of the bed they sleep on and what their favorite song is. Then before you know it you're in too deep to even look back.

I stick my headphones in and press shuffle as I sit at my desk and edit the new video from "De drop". I hear a familiar song start but I don't really listen to the words until something catches me.

"Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need,

Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why...

If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?

if our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?"

Gosh.

"Fleur?" I jump as I hear someone call my name. I look up and see that Sam is staring down at me. I yank my headphones out.

"Yeah? Sorry..."

"No, its all good. Just letting you know the next meeting is about to start."

"Ah, okay. Perfect. Thank you!" I smile at him and he walks away. I save the video to my laptop and close it as I walk out of the office. I make my way to the conference room and I tighten my ponytail with one hand as I walk. | haven't seen Thomas since our phone call and so I'm a bit nervous. He throws me off sometimes with his indecisive moods but whatever. I guess that's just him. I turn and walk into the crowded room.

Jeez I must be late... Usually there aren't this many people in here. I walk over to my usual chair when I hear him call my name.

"Ms. Fleur" I look up to my left and Thomas has the cutest smile on his face. He's sitting down and he has on a red plaid shirt, looking dapper as ever. "I saved you a seat, here. Come sit." He pats on the wooden table next to him and I nod my head.

"Okay." I walk over to the chair that's empty next to him and I sit down. I set my computer in front of me and open it.

"Did you have a pleasant weekend?" I turn my head and look at him.

"I did, Thank you. Did you?"

"Mhmm." He slightly groans as he licks his lips as looks down at mine; I can't help but flush from head to toe. I look around to make sure no one saw that unprofessional almost unnoticeable gesture. Nope. Everyone is in his own world.

I look back at my computer and Thomas gets everyone's attention and begins the meeting.

"Before we start talking about everything that we have planned for this week, I would just like to start with a quick announcement." Thomas stands up from his chair in front of everyone and I divert my attention to him. "Recently there has been an editor in this room who has just gone above what's expected and... That person has just been extraordinary. They are one of the big reasons why we have such high ratings on YouTube and I genuinely don't think we could put this YouTube channel on with its full greatness without them." Its honestly so strange to see Thomas act so professional and nice around these people and then be completely different around me... I wonder why he does it. "I have gotten with Giel and John and we decided that this person deserves more of a title than just 'Editor." He rubs his hands together and smiles. "So introducing that genius person, would you please give a hand to one of our new personal assistant, Fleur" He points at me and I feel myself go pale.