Cabo

Friday, February 27, 2026

'Trav, the last time I tried to leave you two I came back after one night. I'm not sure I can do this'.

Travis watches as Taylor stands over her suitcase, open on their bed, assorted white dresses, accessories, shoes and make up scattered all over their bedroom. She was leaving in just a few hours for Cabo, her long-awaited bachelorette party this weekend, but she had procrastinated packing knowing she was nervous - and a little guilty - about leaving Mia for four nights.

'Taylor, baby, it's your bachelorette party. It's time for you to have some fun with your friends. Plus, Brittany will kill me if I don't get you on this plane. Trust me, she's promised'.

Taylor laughs, knowing he's correct. Brittany, Ashley and Abigail had coordinated to plan the whole trip, and Britt knew how Taylor would be feeling about leaving her baby. She had been on the phone to Travis the night before, Taylor overhearing him swear he'll get her to the airport on time the next day.

Her jet had just left New York, bringing Blake, Selena, Cara and others to Kansas City, where they were picking up everyone else: her mom, Ashley and Abigail flying in from Nashville to meet them; Donna and Kylie joining from Philly too. Taylor was excited, sure, but couldn't set aside the restless feeling of knowing she'll soon be separated from Travis and Mia.

Once she's finally packed, Travis takes her suitcases and loads them in the car, Taylor meeting him at the door with their daughter, and they get in to head to the airport. Mia cries the whole way there, upset at having been woken out of her nap, and Taylor chews her lip nervously as the cries continue, doing nothing to assuage her guilt.

When they arrive, Travis drives on to the tarmac, pulling up at the door of the plane, and they can see everyone is there already waiting on her arrival. He quickly jumps out to grab her bags, and meets her at the passenger side just as she's bending down to say goodbye to Mia.

She's speaking gently to her, rubbing her thumb down her forehead and her nose, that little trick that often tends to send her off to sleep, and kisses her gently before closing the door and turning round to Travis, who gives her a hug.

'I know I'm being silly, I know she's with you. I just feel a little guilty, that's all', she mumbles into the expanse of his chest, tears threatening to fall.

Travis strokes her hair, feeling her sigh against him, and replies, 'I know baby, and that's what makes you a great mom. She loves you too. But I want you to have fun this weekend, ok?'

She nods, looking up to kiss him, before they are interrupted by Brittany, who appears at the plane door shouting, 'Kelce! Let her go already, you'll get her back on Tuesday!'

They laugh, sharing one last kiss, and Taylor turns to join Britt, who holds a glass of champagne out, which is gladly accepted. She waves goodbye to Travis and Mia and walks onto the plane, surprised by the number of balloons and decorations covering every inch of the interior.

She laughs, too, when she sees that they all have been supplied with cut out masks and heads of Travis' face, the sight of her mom wearing it sending her into a fit of giggles. Brittany shows her to her seat, a new tote bag awaiting with 'Mrs Kelce' embroidered in sparkly thread across the front. It's stocked full of make up, skincare, new sunglasses, snacks, swimwear, a journal, a 'Bride' hat and pajamas. Her supplies are all white, while everyone around her is sporting red and gold.

'Did Travis not tell you to wear white?', Brittany scolds, only taking in Taylor's red Chiefs jumper once they are in the air and enjoying another glass of champagne.

'Don't worry, he did pass your instructions on. But Mia got her breakfast on my shirt and everything else white I have was already packed', she shrugs, not really fussed on wearing white anyway, knowing how clumsy she is.