The Tonight Show

Friday, April 25, 2026

Taylor's palms felt sweaty, her body temperature high, stomach churning (like it had been all week), her heartbeat fast as she waited in the familiar backstage dressing room of The Tonight Show, waiting for her cue.

She hadn't done any TV interviews for over three years - an unintentional break, sure, but the time away meant she was feeling the type of nerves she hasn't experienced in years.

She had announced earlier this month that her long-awaited eleventh album was coming out in June, and the promotional tour had begun in earnest as soon as she and Travis had returned from their honeymoon. It had been a magical two weeks of just them, celebrating their wedding, and now she was back to work.

The three of them had been in New York all week, Travis able to freely travel with her since it was off-season, and she had enjoyed being back in New York City, especially with her family. It was definitely more intense than KC, though, and she was ultra cautious about bringing Mia anywhere they went, knowing that a paparazzi appearance was much more likely here than at home.

Travis was at the apartment now, Mia long in bed, and she was waiting backstage with Tree, prepping what they were going to talk about. The new album, obviously, was first on the agenda. She hadn't even announced the name yet, simply posting the cover image on Instagram and explaining that she'd be back with new material on June 30th.

They knew Jimmy would also ask about the possibility of touring, given the success of Eras, and he'd definitely mention Travis - he had tried many times to get her to come onto the show since they'd started dating back in 2023, and he wouldn't waste his opportunity for some gentle, friendly ribbing. He had promised to stay clear of any particular questions about Mia, something Taylor was thankful for and another reason why she'd agreed to do the interview in the first place.

She and Travis also agreed that they could talk about their wedding - which, miraculously, no one had a single photo of yet. Obviously, there were rumors that it had taken place, but nothing concrete had leaked, and they had taken the last month to just enjoy being husband and wife without confirming it to the outside world. Tonight, all that would change - especially once the internet spies the two rings on her left hand.

Tree could tell she was nervous, so left her to her own devices, knowing that not many could properly talk Taylor off the verge she was currently on. Luckily for her, the best person at it was Travis, and he called around 15 minutes before her segment was due to be filmed, just as he promised he would.

'Hey, Tay. How ya feeling?'

'I'm good, fine. Hair and make up done so just waiting'.

Travis could tell by her stilted response she was far from fine, and his voice dipped in tone a little, saying, 'Taylor. What's wrong, baby?'

The fight leaving her as soon as he talked to her like that, Taylor responded, 'I guess I'm just a little nervous, that's all. Feel a little sick. It's been a while, Trav'.

Travis smiles to himself, not because she was feeling that way, but because she was able to open herself up to him, knowing he would more than likely be able to help. 'Taylor, babe, you are going to fucking kill it out there. All you have to be is yourself. Everything else will come naturally'.

They chat for a while, Taylor won round by Travis' charm and reassurance, and by the time they're done she's being ushered to the side of the stage. Before she knows it she's out there, and Jimmy sets her at ease by welcoming her back and discussing the album, the success of the Eras Tour, and what's next for her.

'Now Taylor, a lot of people will guess that your inspiration for this next album comes in the form of a certain football player. Would you like to confirm or deny?'

She laughs, snickering at the smug look on his face and recognising her cue. 'I think we can all be pretty certain that a lot of them are about my husband, yes'.

The crowd gasps and then breaks out into applause, and Jimmy joins in, a genuine and friendly smile on his face. 'Talk about an exclusive! So you and Travis have tied the knot?'.

'Yes, we got married last month. It was really beautiful, a wonderful day with friends and family'.

They continue to chat about the wedding, Taylor sharing a couple of pictures of the day, one of her and Travis as they walk down the aisle, and a funny group picture which features Blake, Ryan, Selena, Miles and Keleigh, among others.

She'd also given him a picture of the three of them from the wedding, taken from behind as they walked into the reception venue. Taylor is gazing up at Travis, with her arm looped into his, while his face is clearly directed towards Mia, whose little hand is visible on the top of his shoulder.

'You also gave us this picture, which I mean, is just incredibly cute. How are you and Travis finding parenthood?'

She can't help the smile that breaks out as the crowd let out an 'awww' over the picture of her baby. 'You know what, it's been the best. It's definitely harder than anything we've ever done, but I think seeing that little face every day more than makes up for the challenges. Although she's a total daddy's girl, so I'm surplus to requirements most of the time'.

They laugh, and the conversation moves on to juggling work and parenting, and then back to the album, wrapping up with the end of the show.

She's getting ready to leave her dressing room, back into her comfortable clothes, when Jimmy knocks and enters, giving her a hug, before they catch up properly as friends. They don't realise the time before Tree is nudging her in the arm, and they finish their conversation, promising to have dinner with their significant others the next time she and Travis are in the city.

When she gets back, she's surprised to see all the lights still blazing in the living room, Travis normally preferring to watch those shows in their bedroom, comfortable and ready to sleep the second they are over.

He doesn't hear her open the door, and she smiles at the sight of him on the couch, knees bent up on the seat, Mia sat on top of them, and he's talking to her.

She laughs at his baby talk, and he turns towards the door, grinning at her. 'She woke up just as the interview started, knew it was a big night for mommy. So much for being a daddy's girl, couldn't get her back to sleep despite all my sweet talking'.

Taylor laughs again at him, lifting Mia and gently rocking her against her front, the baby sighing in contentment. 'Hey baby girl', she whispers into her hair, softly kissing the top of her head.

'So, obviously you crushed it. But how do you think it went?', Travis asks, arm pulling her into his side on the couch.

Taylor fills him in on the little details, and they stay curled up on the couch, all three of them, late into the night. At one point Taylor decides to post the three pictures she'd shared with Jimmy directly to her own Instagram, Travis predicting that the Swifties might just crash the site in their excitement.

The next morning, Tree calls her early, just as she's cutting up some toast and fruit for Mia's breakfast.

Hitting the loudspeaker button, she says, 'Hey Tree. Something wrong?'

'Nothing wrong. Just wanted to let you know you broke the internet last night. Instagram was literally down for an hour after you posted those photos'.

Taylor and Travis both laugh, his premonition coming true after all.

taylorswift and killatrav: Mr + Mrs Kelce. March 28, 2026