CHAPTER 2; SINCE BLOOD IS RED!

The day wasn't over before the blizzard that had befall us was publicized to the internet. On my phone screen popped up indignant headlines from the Linda Ikeji's blog and Vanguard news; they carried headings like "THE GRIEVOUS BODILY 'HARM AT OGBETE MARKET" and "THE GRUESOME MURDER AT ENUGU'S CENTRAL MARKET, OGBETE. It was stated in the Vanguard news that the raid carried out earlier today was a political incident and a truculent outburst of morbid delinquents who wanted to showcase their anger and disapproval over the governorship campaign rally that was to take place the next day.

"Adaora" yelled Iris as she rushed out from her room to the sitting room where I was "have you seen the news?" She asked.

yes, I have

"what does it say?" asked Hazel as she came out of the kitchen drying her wet hands with a rag-

"imagine these people oo" I yelled

"they claim the raid that took place earlier today was a political incident...with all those lives claimed today, they dared to label that display an incident" I said vexingly.

"omo, this country never talk wetin them they use bloodshed do, nawa ooo" lamented Iris as she walked back to her room grabbing an apple from the fruit tray.

I didn't feel okay about the staggering excuse we were being cajoled to believing, as to why a good number of people were murdered today,

"look, see how it's being addressed like some casual event that ought to take place often" I said, stretching out my phone to Hazel.

The human brain is said to be a very strong instrument that controls the thoughts and memories of a person; and so right now, I can't stop myself from thinking about what my friends and I had witnessed today...it might take forever to forget!

"I am a writer, a sophisticated and eloquencent one at that" I said to myself; I have always been of the opinion that no evil witnessed by a writer should be left unexposed...and so, I should tell!

SINCE BLOOD IS RED!

We're a fallen army,

Our colony has been breached from within,

The government should have been our shield; instead she hoaxed us into killing our brothers.

No! we're not warriors; warriors don't kill blood'!

Surrounded by prison walls coated with innocent blood; is there a way out to freedom?

We've watched our friends become martyrs,

We've seen our fathers gnash their teeth over lost legacies,
We've helped wipe off our mother's tears over the death of their children.

Now, tell me;
What is blood if it isn't red?

What is red if it isn't vengeance?

ADAORA.

"sending as a tweet".

four retweets already?

I should call it a day.

VOTE OF THANKS
       THANKS THANKS THANKS, my views aren't huge but still... I feel encouraged. Thanks for reading my book In progress.
Don't forget to follow and comment, its the only way I can get your reviews. Love you all.
I'd be publishing chapter 3 today, anticipate it.