HOW MUCH TIME HAS PASSED?

The next day I could already get up. I started walking around until I found an exit.

I came across an old man sitting on a chair. He was wearing sunglasses. Who else wears sunglasses in January? He wasn't moving, I wasn't sure if he was just sleeping or dead. I coughed hoping he would move. I wanted to ask him for directions. I coughed again because he didn't wake up the first time.
-Greeting!; I said a little louder to wake him up. He woke up from his sleep. Thank God he's not dead.
- This had better be important. You interrupted me from my afternoon nap.; he said sullenly.
-I need help. I'm new here. - I explained.
-Oh yes, the sleeping girl.- he remembered. I think there was no need for him to call me that, but it doesn't matter.
-GROVER!!; He lashed out and almost pierced my eardrums. Grover ran up and almost crashed into me.
- Helen, you are awake? I see that you met Mr. D. He is the camp director.: Grover explained. This man the camp director? In the meantime, I realized that there must be many children in this camp, and he seemed to me like someone who would not be able to take care of those children. To be honest, it looks to me as if he would lose the sheep drawn on the paper, actually both the sheep and the paper.

- I know I'm supposed to show you around, but I really don't feel like doing it. Well... then... you'll manage, don't worry. - He said he put his glasses back on and continued to sleep. I looked at Grover, he just shrugged. What was I supposed to do now? I have no idea what to do, I was hoping Grover would help me.
-Chiron will show you around, let's go find him.- Grover suggested.
- That won't be necessary, I'm here.: I turned and in front of me stood... Mr. Wilson? But the only difference was that instead of his wheelchair he was a half-horse. I didn't understand anything, but again I wasn't in too much of a shock. Definitely no bigger shock than the monster trying to choke me.

- You are half horse?; I asked.
-Very good observation Helen.; he laughed.
-Helen this is Chiron.; Grover introduced him.
- I thought you were a professor of history?; I asked.
-In my free time, otherwise I am a hero trainer.; he explained.
- Chiron should have explained to you everything that I explained to you that night.; Grover said giving Chiron the side eye.
- I should have, and I wanted to, but I couldn't. There wasn't enough time. That morning I got out and headed for the bus to explain everything to you Helen, but the bus left too early. But I believed in Grover that he would explain everything to you maybe even better than I could.; Chiron explained. Grover just muttered something.

-Someone needs to clean the house with pegasus.; I heard a familiar voice. I turned around and it was the guy I met earlier, when I woke up.
- Luke, perfect timing. Would you mind showing Helen around?; Chiron asked. Really? Nobody wants to show me around. I don't bite don't be afraid, do I look like I do? Luke? That was his name.
- I would like to show her around.; Luke answered. He came and stood next to me.
-Helen this is Luke Castellan. He is the best swordsman in the camp. Luke this is Helen Johnson, but you already know that.; Chiron introduced us.

-Grover, find someone to clear the pegasus habitat. Luke take care of Helen, show her around. And show her the cabin of Hermes.; Chiron determined. The three of us nodded and headed for the exit.

- You probably don't know anything about this place, do you? ; Luke asked.
-That's right.; I answered.
- Well then, I'd better start explaining from the beginning. Sometimes gods have a child with a human being. These children live here, where they are safe, safer than in the human world. There are 13 cabins here. Each dedicated to one of the gods, the children live in a cabin dedicated to the god who is their parent.; Luke explained.
- What about those children who do not know which god is their parent?; I asked because I didn't know who my parent was.
- The gods in the camp claim their child. When they realize that you are their child, they claim you. The only problem is that you have to prove that you are their child, and that can sometimes take a while.; he replied.
- What about children who are not claimed? Do they sleep outside?; I asked. He started laughing.
- No, they stay in Hermes' cabin.; he clarified.

Luke was explaining to me how the camp works, and I followed him and listened. I realized that some children were staring at us and whispering to each other. Some even pointed at us.
-Why is everyone staring at us?; I asked, cutting Luke off.
- Because you are new here. They do this to all new children. It will stop after a few days. If you want to be left alone,just don't make troubles, but if you want to be respected, you need glory.

Glory,what do you mean? How do you get glory?; I asked.
- By being the best at something. For example, I am the best swordsman in the camp.; he replied.
-And that's why you have glory.; I added.
-Exactly.
-Is there another way to get glory?; I asked.
- Sometimes the director of the camp, the god Dionysos, gives a task and if you complete it you get glory. Or if you are lucky enough you get a task from the gods.; he replied. Wait a moment. That idiot with the sunglasses is god?
- Mr. D is a god?; I asked in wonder.
-Yes, exactly.?; Luke answered a bit surprised by my question.
- That man looks like a homeless person, not a god.; I answered. Luke burst out laughing.
-Man, you are so funny, you have a great sense of humor.; he gave me a compliment. But the problem was that I wasn't joking. I was serious, but he thought I was joking.

-Who do you think your parent is?; he asked me.
-I do not know. I don't even know who it could be. I failed history because of the Greek gods, so I don't even know how to list them all.; I answered. And he laughed again. He probably thought I was joking again.
- You give me energy as if you were Apollo's child. But I would rather say that you are Aphrodite's daughter.; He said. I wasn't sure what those gods were. Aphrodite is the goddess of wisdom and war strategies, I think, I have no idea. Or was it Athena? Man, now I see why I failed history.

-And here we are, the Hermes cabin. After you.; Luke directed me to the cabin. There was a huge crowd inside. Many children were there. I'm just not sure if it's because there are a lot of unclaimed children...or...for another reason.
- Here is your bed, behind mine.; Luke showed me. Behind his? He's in this cabin too.
- Are you in this cabin too? Are you...?; I asked.
- Unclaimed? No, Hermes is my father. But that has nothing to do with it, we are all the same here.; he replied. I just nodded my head, because I didn't know what to answer.

-Luke, did you bring us someone new?; some guy asked.
- That's right, Chris this is Helen, Helen this is Chris, my best friend.; Luke introduced us.
- I am very glad to meet you Helena.; Chris held out his hand for a handshake.
-Helen, actually without a at the end.; I said. We shook hands.
- Without a, I will remember that.; Chris said. It brought a small smile to my face. So far, no one has cared enough to remember my name. Maybe this place is for me, and maybe it can become my home.