Second Home.

Lanai;
I sit on Shereen's worn out sofa, while she gets some water for me. Somehow she understands me, and I didn't tell her much yet. All she knows is, it's almost five AM and one of her ex students has come to her door step, and doesn't know what to do. 

She bring me the water, and I take it, drinking the whole cup. I can hear her soft laugh, even though she was trying to hide it.  

"What?" I say, nudging her shoulder. 

"Nothing. You." She states firmly. 

I sink my teeth into my bottom lip with a smile painted across my face. 

"Oh." I say with a sweet tone. 

We sit for a little before Shereen finally asks what she has been wanting to ask,

"Lanai, what happened? Why are you here?" She says with the most concerned look on her face, and it seems that my eyes can not stop crying today. 

She wipes the tears away with her thumbs.

"You can tell me, it's okay" She says, looking me in the eye, and I nod. 

"My father kicked me out." I say with a small smirk to make it seem a bit okay. 

"Why?" Shereen says, now placing her soft hand in mine. 

Her nails are black, and I love it. The palm of my hand begins to sweat from holding the glass for too long and also my nerves.

"Because I got into the car with you." I say, laughing while saying it. 

Shereen raises her eyebrows, and I can swear that all of her facial expressions are just the cutest.

"Really? Did he know I was as a women?" She says, sitting back from me a little, and I laugh more. 

"I doubt it, I think that's why he was so sacred." I say, covering my face.

He might think Shereen is a male teacher, but my father isn't a person to do rash things, but It doesn't matter now.

 I've been kicked out, and I need a place to stay. Now, how am I suppose to say this to her? Should I just ask if I could stay or. . .

"Did you need a place to stay?" She says out of the blue. She heard my pondering questions and answered them. 

I nod my head not too happy but just enough to show her how I feel about her offer. 

"Well, you could stay down stairs." My mouth drops open. She wants me to stay in a basement?! Why in the hell would I stay in a basement? I feel my facial expression change from my thoughts, and I immediately wipe it away. 

"Sure." I say, kind of interested in the idea of being in the same house as Shereen.

 She stands and motions me in her direction. I follow her lead. We make our way to a door that leads down stairs. Shereen flicks the light switch that's at the top of the stairs.

She leads me to her basement. 

It's bigger than the room I had back at home.There's an old couch, a small sink, washer, dryer, and a huge flat screen TV.

 I can get comfortable here. Stop it Lanai. You're not living here for long. Shereen turns to me for my approval.

"I think this can be a good spot for me for a little while." I say, and her eyebrows come together. 

"A little while?" She says, and I can hear in her voice that she wants to ask: why can't you stay? I blush lightly. 

"Did you want me to stay?" I ask, and she rubs the back of her head.