Chapter 3: Worries and Help

*****TRIGGER WARNING: CONTAINS HEAVY TOPICS OF SELF-HARM. READ AT YOUR RISK.*****

===Shira's POV===
(Two days before Sky's suicide(?))

I sat in my office where I relaxed. There is a cup of coffee at my table. The aroma of it fills the room, making me feel more relaxed.

'Aah. This feels nice. Doing a school council president things and being a good leader to all! Well... It's kinda exhausting sometimes, but it's worth it.' I thought happily.

I suddenly remembered Sky.

"Sky... yeah. How was he? Maybe he's back. I'll go check him." I said to myself.

I finished my coffee then got his ID from my desk and went to his classroom.

When I was walking to his room, all of the students looked at me as I was passing by. Some are scared, some are nervous. Some... Some feel guilty. I can tell in their eyes.

'Huh. Why do they feel like that? This is getting weird. But... But maybe I'm the school council president. Oh, yes, yes... Maybe they're scared because maybe I was going to tell them again about some issues and stuff... Oof... My bad. Did I go too far?' I thought.

As I arrived there, I opened the door then looked at his desk, but surprisingly, he was still not there! All of his classmates looked at me and then continued what they were doing.

'Oh my... he is still not there. What happened to him? Is he having a high fever? I'm worried about him.' I thought.

"H-hey, Sophia. How was Sky? Are you guys having any updates regarding Sky?" I asked Sophia.

"Eh? Sky? Why would I have updates? What am I, his lover? I don't even care about him. He's a nerd. A teacher's pet. Why would we care about him?" She said.

"But I care!" I replied with a concerning tone.

"Why? Because you have a crush on him? Or because you love him? Well... I don't care about your lovey stuff with that nerd." She replied to me.

That reply got me. That was unexpected. I was shocked. I suddenly felt my cheeks get warm, blushing from her response. I immediately thought of some response to find some excuses.

"But I-I'm the school council president! As one of the leaders of the school, I must be worried about my schoolmates! They are all my friends! Everybody is my friend and it's normal for me to get worried!" I said it nervously while my face was still brushing, processing the response earlier.

Sophia just chuckles mischievously, then she looks at me.

"Yeah. Whatever... School Council and a friend-of-all president." She said mockingly. "Aah... You're wasting my time. Bye-bye. Imma do my stuff while you worry about your nerdy friend slash crush." Then waves her hand goodbye and walks to her friends to chitchat about some stuff.

I, on the other hand, started blushing even more after she said that.

"H-hey! J-j-just tell me if he's back, okay?" I said then walked out of the classroom.

My head is full of worries about what his situation is.

(Ten hours before Sky's suicide(?))
===Shira's POV===

As I arrived at the school, I suddenly remembered Sky. I went to his classroom hurriedly and I opened the door. I looked around and then Sky... Sky wasn't there. Again. This got me more worried. Thousands of thoughts are now going on in my mind, each of them is a bad thing that might happen to my close friend.