Chapter 4: Unexpected Fate

===Sky's POV===

It's been a day since my suicide attempt. Shira stops attending school just to help me recover.

"Isn't this too much, Shira?"

"It's fine. I'll do it just to help you, my friend." She said with a smile.

"You sure with that?"

"Of course~"

I told her all of my problems, from big to small and she was listening to all of it. Shira sat with me, holding my hand, and comforted me as I poured out my struggles and anguish. She promised to stand by me and help me find a way out of the darkness.

She sacrificed her school and her responsibilities as the School Council President just to help me. It's too much... but maybe it's for the best of me.

Days turned into a week, and Shira remained true to her word. She became my beacon of hope, offering me support and encouragement as I took my first steps towards recovery.

As we spent more time together, I couldn't help but fall in love with her. Her unconditional love and unwavering belief made my heart feel lighter, even in the face of my troubling past.

Every time I saw her, my feelings-my love deepened for her. She's so kind and nice to me even though... Even though I'm a loser or a nerd. Every time she came to my house, I was happy, my mind was having a lot of thoughts (of course happy and lovely) and I got comfortable and safe around her.

But I was too scared to confess my feelings. Maybe if I confess to her she'll get scared or... She'll get creeped out, or she'll leave me. Or even worse, she'll do those bad things to me when we're now dating like any other girl that I know. In the end, I isolated my feelings, scared of what would happen if I confessed.

"Uhm... Shira..." I said, slightly blushing.

"Yes, Sky~?" She said softly with a smile, slightly tilting her head.

"Thank you... F-for everything... Thank you for making me realize that I deserve a second chance. Thank you for staying by my side. Thank you for listening to my problems even though they are kinda... Weird." I said, looking down, still blushing.

Shira chuckled sweetly yet softly. She lifted my head to make me look at her then said, "You're most welcome, Sky. I'm doing this for you. I want to help my good friend."

I smiled at her then blushed as I made eye contact with her then I looked away.

A question suddenly appeared in my mind, so I asked her about it.

"Uhm... Shira. About what you said in the past few days 'I don't want to lose another friend.'. What do you mean by that? What happened?"

Shira's smile suddenly replaced it with a sad expression as she remembered her past friendship. She went silent before speaking.

"Let me just tell you a story: Once upon a time in a small village, two best friends, Shira and Ella, were known for their strong bond. Ella, usually happy, started feeling sad and distant. Shira, who usually noticed things, was too busy with her problems to see that Ella was struggling.

As weeks passed, Ella's sadness grew, and she changed a lot. Eventually, she felt so overwhelmed that she decided to end her own life. When Shira found out, she felt shocked and guilty, blaming herself for not helping Ella.

Haunted by Ella's loss, Shira became afraid of losing more friends. She struggled with grief and fear, always worried about making the same mistakes. However, she decided to honor Ella's memory by spreading kindness and understanding, but that incident left a scar on Shira's heart."

As she was telling that story, tears started to roll down her cheeks. She went silent again, before saying more words.

"I shouldn't ignore her signs of loneliness. If I consulted her about her problems... If I was a good friend... If didn't take her for granted... she would've lived. I'm... I'm a bad friend... Because of my feelings, I forgot hers. I'm selfish..."

After saying those words, she began crying. I was lost for words as she said all those words, regretting that question.

I hugged her tightly then I stroked her hair.

"I'm sorry for asking that."

"I-it's f-fine. At least I let out these feelings that I've kept a long time ago."

'Shit, Sky. You made a girl cry. You're the worst!'

Days passed, and my dad sent me a message telling me that they would not come back. Their business trip was extended to one week. And he tells me to keep safe.

'Damn, father are you trying to be nice?'

It was now night. Shira did not come today. The food was running out so I went to the store to buy some. As I walked towards the store, an unpleasant fate happened. I bumped into Sophia who was drinking her bubble tea, Michael and Angelo. Those memories and trauma begin to kick inside of me as I see them.

"Shit," I said to myself as I bumped into them.

I walked away, hoping that they wouldn't mind but Michael grabbed my arm!

"Oi, did you see us? Aren't you going to say sorry-"

He let me face them and they recognized me immediately.

"Oh! Sky! Long time no see! How have you been?" He said sarcastically while patting my back harshly. He then pushed me towards Sophia, making me trip, landing my face on her chest. I began to tremble as my hell began.

"Ew! Get off me, pervert." She said sarcastically and mischievously then chuckles.

"'Cause we missed you, we had a surprise for you~," she said.

My face turned pale because I was scared. I'm scared of what they might do to me.

Sophia suddenly pushed me towards Angelo and he grabbed my feet to carry me upside down. He then dumped me in a trash can, head first then Sophia poured her bubble tea all over me.

"There ya go. Marinated nerd, ready to cook." They laughed at me then they took pictures. "Loser."

'Fuck... they won't leave me alone, eh?' I thought while I began to cry and shake as they laughed at me like those times when they tormented and humiliated me in front of a lot of people.

They spit at me then they walk away, laughing still.

===Third Person POV===

Sky took me off the trash can. He smells like their spits and her bubble tea.

"Fuck. I hate this. This trauma kicks in again. Why would they do that? I'm trying my best to recover and here they are, ready to mess with my life once again." He said to himself as he stood up.

Sad and scared, Sky walked to the nearby park as he wanted to get some fresh air to rewind himself.

'Wait. What was I doing again here? Oh yeah, the food. Never mind mind that. I need to relax.' he thought.

He continues to stroll in the park. It's getting to midnight. Sky decided to go back to his house to sleep off his hunger.

'Maybe that will work.'

As he was walking towards his home, a truck suddenly hit him leaving him dead on the spot.

Is this the end for Sky?