Chapter 15: Plan B!

***Sora's POV***

"Plan B?" Lara questioned, making a small ice wall to temporarily block our opponents.

"Yes. Plan B. I have made this a backup plan."

"Alright, Dumbass, hit it. Make sure it's good." Xyno shouted.

"Alright, sheesh, calm down. This is the plan, I have seen this spell in an anime and I haven't tested this yet. But I have a feeling that this will work."

"Ani— what? What are you yelling about? What the heck is that? And you haven't tested it yet, how are you sure that this will work?!" Xyno asked, charging her fist with dark magic and ready to strike if I did or said anything wrong.

I gave her a smirk, with a hint of nervousness. "It'll work. A friend of mine said that any spell would work as long as your mind is creative and with the help of mana and Magic Burst, everything is possible."

(a/n: sorry for interrupting and for not telling you this earlier but what is Magic Burst, you may ask? First, let me define what mana is. Mana is like your overall storage for creating magic. It's like a pail full of water. Water is your mana. Magic burst is what you can get from your mana in just one go. Let's look back at the pail of water. You get a glass of water and you scoop as much water as you can into that glass of water. That glass of water is your Magic Burst. I hope you get it I don't know how to describe it much but yeah. Anyways...)

"You're crazy, Sora. Just because you have seen it from anyone else does not mean you can do it too. You're absurd, Bush Brain."

"Xyno, I trust him." Lara interrupted with a smile on her face. She then turned to me. "You may continue, Sora."

"Where was I? Oh, yes, this spell is named 'World Tree'. As I remember, this spell will take some time before it will work. Don't worry, I won't get vulnerable or something, I'll make sure that this spell will work independently."

Lara listens attentively. "Could you please confirm if, upon completing the chanting of the 'World Tree' spell, our strategy will shift to a defensive stance until the spell becomes active?"

"Yeah."

'I just saw this from an anime named Black Grimoire. This guy has a spell named World Tree and thankfully I remembered it, we had similar magic so this might come in handy. Thank you for the idea, Vangeance.'

"After this, Lara, at my signal, created an Ice wall to buy me some time so that I can chant this spell."

"Okay."

As the small ice wall broke, I saw my opponents' faces look happy to see us again. But not for long.

"Hey, Sora, did you miss us? What's with the sudden wall? Did you not wanna see our beautiful faces?" Jiro mocks, retracting his chains.

"Hmm. Not yet. NOW!"

As Lara heard it, she created another Ice wall and this time it was bigger.

I then kneeled to the ground, put both of my palms on the floor, and began chanting.

"Roots of the earth, rise and entwine, Vines of the forest, swiftly align. From soil and stone, let strength be drawn, Bind and hold until the dawn.

Branches of power, reach and ensnare, With leaves of might, the enemy impair. Nature's grasp, unyielding and true, Immobilize and subdue.

Take your time and gather nature's power, When you're ready, give the signal to flower, Then I let you rise and grow, and nurture with might, Ensnare our foes, with nature's right."

'this feels like a nursery rhyme.'

My palm suddenly glows with a green aura as well as the ground I'm chanting to.