Chapter 14: The Mysterious Spirit and the Spar

A few days later, me and Lara were more friendly to each other than before. I am growing more comfortable with her after that... 'Lap Pillow Incident'.

But as for Xyno... We have no chance whatsoever to be friends. I will never be friends with her after what she called me.

'incel.'

'veggie-sexual.'

'Bruh I'm just using nature magic now you're calling me a veggie-sexual???'

Anyways, as me, Lara, and Xyno were talking together about magic as well as teaching about it, she then looked beside me and smiled like there was a person next to me. I looked in the direction where she was smiling and there was no person.

"Is there anything wrong, Lara?" I asked curiously getting scared.

She got quiet for a second and she then shook her head. "No, it's perfectly fine. Moving on..." She continued to teach magic and I was left bamboozled.

Xyno, as usual, clings onto Lara like crazy while her yellow eyes looked at me with annoyance and coldness.

Days passed on these ordinary days in school and sometimes I felt like I was being watched. It's not scary, it's more like I am guarded.

There are some random moments too when I was saved by nature just like this one time that I was just walking and a ball was flying towards me quickly but before I could react, a long branch hit the ball, deflecting it before it could hurt me. I didn't do anything at all but nature saved me.

Days turned into years and it was now time for the first exam.

It was no regular exam. The test is a 3v3 friendly spar. Our professor told us that this is essential so that we can test our teamwork, endurance, strategic thinking, and coordination.

Thank god that we will find our teammates. If the teacher assigned us, It's a L for me. You know what I mean. Lara approached me immediately with an excited and enthusiastic smile and as usual, Xyno was clinging to her, locking her arm into hers.

"Let us collaborate, Sora," she said to me.

"Sure," I responded.

"You should say no, fuckhead. Tch." Xyno murmured, looking away.

'I wanna beat her so badly. Just calm down Sora. One day, you'll have revenge on this short stack.'

"I let you off this time. It's because my girlfriend Lara wants you to team up this time, but this doesn't mean anything, bitch." She said to me.

"Please refrain from using inappropriate language, Xyno. I must clarify that I am not your girlfriend." Lara said to her.

Xyno pouted. "Okay... Sowwy, Lara" she said to Lara cutely.

'The fuck is wrong with her?'

We then plan for some strategy for almost all types of opponents. As a pro-RPG gamer, I know almost anything about how to deal with any type of player.

Lara seems to be impressed with my strategies.

"You're quite knowledgable, aren't you?" Lara said, chuckling cutely.

I blushed a bit after receiving a compliment from a dark elf.

After a while, we settled up. I'm using Nature Magic as usual, Lara will be using Ice Magic and the Spirit Arts as the Trump card, just in case, and as for Xyno... She has Dark magic. They say that Dark Magic is rare.

'It suits her because her mind is dark—'

We then go to a large, flat rocky stadium. The ceiling is high and the walls are sturdy. Perfect.