CH. 15 | 𝙋𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧

Author's Note:

The number of comments I'm reading regarding Sukuna...

-

Recap:

A soft chuckle escapes from the man's lips: "The poor fish died... yesterday." He says. His eyes then travel to look at the fish tank. "I wanted to see who would survive, and the white fish did instead of the pretty black fish." He was sighing at the thought of how he was really fond of the black fish.

"What are they, to the point where they gnawed at each other?" Sukuna asks.

"Betta fishes. You're supposed to only have one in a tank, as they're known to be territorial. If you have two, well, that's what happens—one eventually dies."

'Some people survive chaos

and that is how they grow.

And some people thrive in chaos,

because chaos is all they know.'

- wild embers

𝙂𝙪𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙈𝙚

The door to the Guide's apartment opens as he is greeted with such a sudden surprise. The two young girls go to wrap their arms around Geto's legs as his gaze is pulled down, looking at them with a soft smile. He goes to ruffle their hair with the palm of his large hands.

"Geto-sama is back!" One of them goes on to say.

Geto brings a slight concerned expression onto his face. "Nanako, you don't have to call me that."

It has been a couple of months since the incident between Geto and the village. He couldn't dare end the lives of these twins, who are sorcerers whom he took in to take care of. Though if they were not sorcerers, he would end their lives in a heartbeat, even if they were young.

"Then what should we call you?" Nanako, with caramel hair, looks up to meet Geto's eyes as she asks a genuine question.

"What about papa?" says the other young girl who is holding the right leg of Geto's; her brown hair sways a bit when she goes to bring out a slight smile.

Both of the twins had a short bob-haircut; thankfully, it was easy to tell who was who according to their hair color.

Geto looks at the two girls and softly smiles. "If that's what you want to call me, that's fine, as long as it's not Geto-sama," he says.

The young girl with dark brown hair smiles even more; she raises her arms up, signaling that she wants to be carried. "Papa!" she exclaims.

The Guide looks at her as he softly chuckles. He brings his body down just so he can go lift her small body up, allowing his arm to keep her in hold under her bottom.