three.

three.

"Can we check in, please?" Lily asked the desk manager and I stood a short distance away, typing on my phone. I updated my Twitter and informed everyone that I made it to the park. I instantly got notifications in response.

"Yes mam, what's the name for your reservation?" He asked, placing a written document on the counter.

Lily took a pen from the complimentary cup and started to fill it out while I responded to some tweets.

@nthan: @kenziebabe dont forget to buy me something

@kenziebabe: @nthan fuck off

"Lily Gomez," She finally said, continuing to fill out the paperwork. "Can I ask why we're not doing this electronically?"

While they went on with their business, I noticed that three more people entered the lobby. I looked up from my phone momentarily and saw Gray and Zach with some woman wearing white. I didn't see her on the ferry before. I glanced at Lily and saw that she was still talking, so I casually walked to where the boys were.

If I knew anything about eavesdropping, it was to not get too close, look occupied, and stay alert.

"So where's Aunt Claire?" Gray asked, carrying his bag over his shoulder.

Zach followed behind him texting someone and the woman in white brushed her black hair over her shoulder.

"Mrs. Dearing is currently at one of her meetings," She answered. Her accent was British, I noted. "You'll see her sometime tomorrow."

"Who goes to a meeting at three in the morning?" Zach asked in disbelief. "Admit it, Zara, she just doesn't want to see us."

Her name was Zara. Also noted.

"Of course she wants to see you two," Zara said. She definitely didn't sound convincing.

"Really?" He asked incredulously. I glanced up from my phone again and saw that they were straight up arguing with each other. If the lobby was busy right now there'd definitely be a scene. "Because I don't see her making an attempt to come greet us. Do you, Gray?"

"Let's just check in. No need to make this more complicated than it needs to be," Zara began walking towards the counter while the boys stared at her. I stayed in the seating area and waited for something to happen.

"Does Aunt Claire not like us?" I heard Gray ask. They were walking towards me and I quickly looked back down at my phone.

"Honestly, I don't know anymore," Zach muttered. They sat down on the couch across from mine and I prayed that they didn't notice me. I pretended to type on my phone again when something made me look up.

They were both staring at me.

"Um, hello?" I raised an eyebrow and dropped my phone to my lap. Play cool, I reminded myself. "Can I help you?"

"How long have you been sitting there?" Zach asked me.

"Not long," I answered.

Gray eyed me suspiciously and I bit my tongue. "What's your name?"

"Mackenzie," I said, looking at him. Zach was glaring at me and I didn't want to make eye contact with him again.

"Cool name," He nodded.

"My parents picked it out for me," I shrugged and Zach cleared his throat, making us both turn to him.

"My names Gray, like the color," He continued talking anyway, which only seemed to make Zach more mad. "This is my older brother Zach, he's sixteen. His name isn't as cool as mine."