Chapter 20.4.3: The Awoken Dream to Test the Heart - Confronting Finale

Azhure: Rewriting it a bit to make it less cringe after rereading it to write the latest memory.

---

"Oh, I should probably tell you this, Lei is from a minor noble family. Her family is not very wealthy which is why she works in the Bell Branch." Rose said. "That said, if anything happens to her, her family will make a fuss regardless. We have to make sure nothing happens to her."

---

It happened so fast, but as the manager, Norman, finished his last sentence, he pulled out a wooden L-shaped object. It had the crest of the Bell Conglomerate carved into the metal part of the sides... connected to the ball-shaped hammer of an old flintlock. It was only a second too late for William to send an air slash to stop the manager from firing the trigger.

SLASH

"Aargh!"

That still did not prevent the manager from howling in agony as he fell to the floor, holding the stump of what was once his right hand, blood spurting out like a fountain. The flintlock soon fell to the wooden floor along with Norman's severed arm in a bloody mess.

CREME~ CREME~

Then, a light-blue structure began to take form around the severed hand. However, it had also taken the liberty to extend its reach to the other, still intact hand, encasing the manager's arms like makeshift handcuffs. With him neutralized, the Court Wizards immediately paid attention to the secretary, Lei, slumping her back against the wall.

"She is hyperventilating," Rose reported as she rushed to Leo's side, getting on her knees. "Hold on."

SHIING

Both of the vampire's thumbs transformed, its nails growing into claws.

RIP

Rose easily tore through the secretary's uniform, showing the hole oozing blood right above her brassiere.

"It almost hit her heart," Rose turned to Owen. "Owen, freeze her wound."

"On it."

CREME~

As an icy coating covered the secretary's wound, preventing further blood loss, Rose retracted her claws and ran her hand through the secretary's cheek. "Lei, calm down. Breath slowly... In... Out... In... Out... Good. You will be transferred to the Otherworldly Court to heal you. You will be safe, I promise."

"Is she going to be okay?" Alicia asked in concern.

"I am sure of it," Rose nodded. "She will probably be traumatized, but she will get through."

"Oh, thank goodness..." Alicia sighed in relief.

She was surprised when the manager suddenly pulled out a gun and fired at the secretary, but that's not all. Looking at the flintlock, ignoring the severed hand holding it, Alicia particularly eyed the Bell Conglomerate symbol.

Then the manager spoke. "Heh, forgive me, young mistress." The manager, in his sorry state, apologized, but it seemed like he was scoffing. "It was meant for fighting the Beosts, but the first gun, as you called it, was used on a lady."

"W-What?" Alicia clasped her mouth.

But before Alicia could say further, Owen barged in front of her. "What the hell!? She's Crom's girlfriend!" he growled, pointing his arm to the secretary the manager just shot. This surprised Alicia, seeing him suddenly getting so angry.

"Heh," the manager snorted. "As I said before. Lei does not have an inkling of what I've been through with them." Closing his eyes as if reminiscing everything up to this point, he started to explain his story. "I was a young boy when the Half-Beosts raided my village. I watched them kill my parents, my friends, and even the girl I liked. It was the day they took everything from me.