Chapter 17.3: Fighting the Demon Lord in the Shadows - Phase 1 After, a Barbecue

an: I'll give a breather here.

---

PIING

Manegia

Year 1421

It had taken hours upon hours and they had skip lunch but they have finally routed all of the Green Deity's Spawns that was guarding the Green Line.

It wasn't so bad for the two junior Court Wizards after the team split up to quickly dispatch the sentries. Well, their seniors did most of the work which the manner they did leave Rin in awe, squealing "That was so cool!" in Japanese after the emotion suppression was off when they meet up at the other side of the Green Line from where they started - the overview shot on Geron Yor did not show this.

Voice: hah-hah! That was just a poor excuse! You messed up with describing the Green Line being a half-circle now!

an: remind me why I make this 'mistake' mocking me now? Or rather, starting this 4th wall break skit in the first place!?

Voice: hmm!? What 'mistake!?'

an: you don't need to know

Alicia went with Owen and William while Rin was with the rest. The black-haired girl had rambled on how James was flawless with his 'hook and chain thingy' and also Rose's skill with her parasol. Again, she was not disturbed with the sight of Spawns getting their skin melted by the Fire Guardian's [Steam] Order even after the suppression was deactivated, or the whole brutality in general - a result of the need for speed and efficiency. Alicia herself was and hence, chose to not go with Aqua.

As for injuries, all had gotten out relatively unscathed. Once you know your enemy, it will be easier to avoid getting hurt by it. For the weakest of Spawns that roamed the outskirts, it's best to kill them from range to avoid getting hit by their acidic blood.

Actually, Rin almost got drenched in acidic Spawn blood when she tried to strike one with her brother's katana - she was trying to emulate Rose who had clearly been fighting Spawns for more than a century now - but James managed to pull her to safety with his hook - it can be made dull to safely yank people or things.

She was promptly scolded by Rose for her reckless behavior after the battle, Alicia saw her vampire friend giving Rin a good scolding. Other than that are a few robes that were damaged and that's about it.

"Good work everyone," Aqua said. "It is already past lunchtime so Some Food Court should be closed for the time being-"

"Eh! How can Some Food Court close between lunch and dinner!? People still want to have late lunches like us! I'm starving!"

After Voice's interruption, the greater water spirit continued, "they needed rest too. So I will be cooking our late lunch, does anyone would like to help me?"

"I shall," Rose complied.

"I will join you as well." Alicia looked at Owen and said, "can you help us too, Owen?"

Owen paused for a moment and answered, "Sure, why not?"

"Be sure not to make it cold!"

"Shut up, Voice."

Voice: now that Some Food Court closed so you can make an excuse for a cooking scene, huh!?