Chapter 16.1: New Steps - Initiation

A week after a Light Court Wizard had been sucked into a vortex-rupture.

PIING

Manegia

Year 1421

An eleven-year-old girl, 141 cm in height appeared on the transfer circle. She had black hair that reached below her chest tied to a ponytail and matching obsidian eyes. She wore a white blouse with a blue jacket over it, blue shorts, white fingerless gloves, and a pair of white shoes. She also had a cylindrical bag strapped to her back, as half as tall as she was.

"Rin, good to see you! Welcome to the Otherworldly Court." A red-haired girl greeted her.

"Uhn! Good to see you, big sis Alicia! Hello, Ruze-senpai," Rin greeted back Alicia and also said hi to Owen.

"Yeah, morning," Owen said.

"So this is the Otherworldly Court big brother talks about," Rin muttered.

One of the Transporter Room operators, John, turned his swivel chair around. Other operators did the same.

"This lady is?" the operator asked.

"My name is Rin Fujiwara, please take care of me!" Rin bowed to them.

"Oh, Haruto's sister. We heard a lot about you."

"Really?" Rin tilted her head.

"Well, your brother has always spoken about you every day," The operator said. "And to be honest, it's quite annoying."

"Eheheh, sorry."

"No, we should be sorry." The expression of the operators gloomed. "We couldn't find where your brother had been sent to by that vortex-rupture."

"It's okay, you guys did your best, right?" Rin said with a smile.

"Now I see what Haruto was spouting," one operator muttered softly.

---

Looking in awe of the main hall of the castle where the Otherworldly Court was based.

"I assume Daisuke taught you about maneg?" Owen asked.

"Yes, it was really weird, everything was very bright for a day." Rin waved her hands above her head, gesturing a star or some circular motion. It was adorable. "Grandfather taught me Orders."

Daisuke had informed that the Maneg Soul had completely merged with Rin's soul the day after it entered. Since it's a light Maneg Soul, the pseudo-symptoms she experienced was increased sensitivity to light. Lightbulbs seemed brighter, she can see well in the dark, the sun shining down made everything white; no physical evidence was shown in her vision. It was mostly gone after the light Maneg Soul was fully merged, Daisuke then taught her some Orders.

"I see, but I still need to see you give basic Orders with my own eyes," Owen said professionally. "We're heading to the Training Grounds."

---

BOOM BOOM
BOOM BOOM

"Eek!" Rin yelped in surprise as multiple missiles in a circular formation flew across the horizon and then fell, hitting the ashes creating an explosion.

"I was surprised too," Alicia sighed. "This is a common occurrence, you will need to get used to it."

"O-Okay." Rin smiled wryly.

"Keep your distance, we don't wanna make Maneg Beasts here," Owen told her. "Daisuke told you about them, right?"

"Yes," Rin nodded. "But I have a question."