Audition day (part 5)

Ok yeah there's way more parts to the audition day then I thought there would be-
Yay.

I followed Aether back into the main area and Xiao followed slightly behind

The others stared at the 3 of us as we entered the main hall again

Xiao and Aether walked up onto the stage with Kazuha

"All right everyone. Now that we have a good idea of who all there is one final thing we must do in order to decide who will join us" Kazuha said

Aether began to speak "the final trial will be!" Aether paused leaving anticipation in the 5 of us sitting before them

Xiao finally spoke "stop leaving them in suspense and just say it"

Aether looked at him annoyed "why dont you just tell them then!"

Xiao rubbed Aethers head teasingly and Aether glared at him

"Well sense you want me to say it, you will be singing a small clip of a song and we will see who's voice blends the most"

"You all have amazing voices but..." Xiao stared at me "making sure those voices fit together and sync perfectly is the most important  piece of the puzzle"

Xiao out his hands together locking his fingers between each other showing the connection

My heart felt like it was beating at a thousand miles per hour when he was staring at me. It seemed almost like he was talking to me, and only me.

Would the two of us fit together like a puzzle? We're so different would we ever work together

Weather that's our voices locking in the band or someday maybe our lips locking.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard music start

I saw one of the other finalists up on the stage with Aether, Kazuha, and Xiao

The four of them were singing and dancing. The first part of the song there were all singing solos so it sounded good and their dancing was so in sync...

Did I even have a chance?

When they got to the part of the song where they all sang together it fell apart. Notes were incorrect, moves were forgotten, and the finalist got mad shoving Xiao and yelling at him for "messing him up"

I wanted to go hit him for messing with Xiao like that.

But I didn't have to

Xiao looked at him furiously "get off the stage." The finalist looked up at Xiao confused "w- what..?" The finalists face turned to one of confusion almost like he was begging for mercy.

"Look Im the asshole of the group we can't have 2" he held up two of his fingers "not to mention I don't like it when people think they can be rude to me like that. Meaning you're out."

The asshole of the group? He may seem rude but he was really not that bad. Just bad at showing his feelings... an Asshole? No. An idiot probably.

I chucked to myself

The other 3 contestants all went without such a disaster as the first one. Each singing an easily recognizable song.

When it was my turn they let me pick the song.

Let's see here. What's a song that would not only be good for us to sing.. but also show off who I am...?

Never gonna give you up? No that's to much

Hmm

Wait a minute I know the perfect song!

I tapped on the I pad searching for one song in particular