Memory(my eng assignment)

600 word memo essay
Áine 8 Green

Self explainitory: set in the year 4-600 yrs in Medieval legendary Camelot, a kingdom where magic is banned. Merlin, a sorcerer who be holds magic protects The king, Arthur Pendragon of Camelot, behind his back, Merlin has been Arthur's manservant, and unbeknownst to Arthur, Arthur's saviour, this is based in an ended battle which Camelot had, Arthur has been fatally wounded. Also set in modern 21st century when outside the memory.

He died that day. That day, 1,000 years ago, and still, I wait.
With every day that tethers my soul to the lake, not a day passes where he is forgotten.

I was standing, trying to hold him up, I had walked miles & miles & if only I could get him to the Lake I could heal him.
But he stopped me, while his abdomen still bled.

"Stop......just...just..hold me" he whispered.
"No Arthur! I can heal you! Please!"
"No Merlin, shut up... Just listen...I want to say something I've never said to you before...Thank you, for every thing you've done...for the kingdom, for everyone."

The tears that came out of my eyes weren't strong enough to represent what I was feeling. They were too weak to define the immense emotional agony I was going through.

"Arthur, please...... Don't die on me." I say.
"Ha ha, Merlin, what happened to the little raven head boy who walked into my chambers 5 years ago? I believe I'm the king. I'm the one to give the orders around here."
Says Arthur chuckling weakly, & coughing.
I held my palm over the bleeding hole in Arthur's chainmail.
Gosh the wound is deep.
Arthur scrunched up slightly, groaning painfully.
"Arthur, I don't care if you're the king,I forbid you to die."
"I'm afraid it is impossible for me not to do as you forbid, you know me Merlin..I never listen to you.."

The body in my arms went limp, and the head lolled slightly.

"NOOO!" I shout, hugging the dead body of my last friend to my chest. "No...no...nononononono! Wake up!!You can't do this to me!"
But the king was long gone.

I remember, setting him down in a small raft & sending him far off into The Lake Of Avalon, and set fire, watching the last person I cared about burn into the night.

My last friend was dead.
Everyone I've ever loved was dead, & they weren't coming back.
Except, the prophecies foretold by the Great Dragon said Arthur would rise once again and unite the lands.
So I would wait until the end of my time.

I miss the days, the days where Arthur & I would have pointless banters, strange I know a peasant and noble secretively best friends, let alone the fact that I now miss the humoured insults & titles we once shared.
Because you never know how much you miss the things you have until they're gone.
Only, & perhaps only ever then do you truly realise, you cannot live without it.
I felt the need to use my anti-ageing spell, I mean after letting yourself get old for a thousand years it's time to return to my young body.
I sit back & let the spell take place feeling fresher then ever,my bones flexible.

I stalk over to my wardrobe, grabbing the clothes which look mostly like what I used to wear as a manservant. The blue long sleeves, the black trousers, with my dark brown leather jacket & signature red neckerchief, then my boots.

I sat with my hands in my hair, no white covering my head, just the raven head boy I used to be.
Staring into the mirror, I noticed a note stuck to the frame. I grab it, feeling a strange tug in my chest, as if directing me to where The Lake Of Avalon once was.
Could it be?

I flip the note over.
'It's Time.' Is written in Arthur's hand writing.
I smile broadly at the note, shoving it into my pocket, grabbing my keys & sprinting out the back door, happy tears tingling in my eyes.

The only thing that is swimming through my mind is:
"He's really back."