Confessioning

Merlin
---//---

'Arthur.'
"Arthur, I need to speak to you."
"What do you need Merlin? Are you so blind that you cant see I'm busy?'
Arthur drew a breath when he noticed tears forming in Merlin's eyes.
"I can't lie to you. Not after Agravaine and Morgana. Not after Gwen."
Merlin unsheathed a dagger from his belt, and for a moment, Arthur thought Merlin was going to kill him.
"Merlin,"
Arthur then noticed that Merlin was in fact handing him the dagger.
'Merlin it's very nice of you to offer me a present, but you may have noticed, it's not my birthday and if you're handing your resig-"
"I'm not."
"Merlin why are you doing this?"
"Because the only thing that will comfort you might be killing me after what I tell you."
"Honestly, what on ear-"
"I have magic."
"Now is not the time for jokes Merlin, you know that is an extremely delicate subject for me,-"
"That's why I had to tell you now! Arthur. I'm a Warlock."
"No Merlin. No you're not! I would know! I have a right! We don't keep secrets, even you know that!"
"Balinor is my father sire, I'm not lying."
Merlin whispered a spell, when he opened a palm, a small flower was revealed.
Arthur's blood felt like molten in his body.
"GOD DAMN YOU MERLIN!"
Arthur mindlessly threw the dagger, blostering in his anger, which embedded itself in Merlin's gut.
He crouched over.
Arthur was still staring at the floor.
"Say something Merlin. Before I toss you over the battlements and feed you to my dogs."
Arthur was completely unaware of what was going on, unaware of the damage he was doing.
Merlin's hands were shaking, clasping at the blood wound, he let out a sob, and Arthur looked at him in shock.
Merlin trusted Arthur, he thought Arthur would accept him, for being the one who stayed loyal, and told the truth.
Realising what he had done, Arthur moved to cradle his manservant.
"Oh jesus! Fu-Im sorry... I wasn't looking I just-"
"Arthur it's fine."
"Merlin you're bleeding!"
"It's no difference. You were going to kill me anyway. I should have known you didn't trust me."
"I do Merlin."
"I thought...if-if I told you earlier, you would burn me, or hate me, I couldn't live with that."
"Merlin, hey you can't say things like that. I'll just take you to Gaius, we will forget you have magic, we'll forget I hurt you. I've no one left Merlin. Yeah? Because we forgive, hmm?"
"I'm sorry, I am nothing without my magic, and I won't just forget it."
His face fell limply against his king's shoulder.

Arthur awoke in a chair by Gaius's patient bed, where Merlin lay.
He stirred uncomfortably, with stuff shoulders, and pins and needles tingling through his feet. He put his hand into his servant's, and squeezed gently. He forgave him.
Gaius watched him as he prepared a poultice for his wound.
They'll be okay.
----------------------------------1--------1--
Thoughts?
<3